Chapter 8

𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕠𝕨?

"Katie, wake up!

Come on, Katie, the show will begin soon!"

My eyes opened, slowly but surely adjusting to the bright sunlight that shined into my eyes.

"Huh?" - I looked around, remembering I was in the forest.

"Weird..."

"What do I do now?" - I thought out loud before sighing.

After about a minute of complete silence, I heard a rustle in the bushes near me.

I quickly turned around, putting my hands up in attempt to look like I was ready to fight and yelled: - "Show yourself, whoever you are!"

As the rustles got stronger, my hands started shaking in fear.

"Come out and show yourself, pussy!" - I yelled, trying to scare away the creature behind the bush.

Suddenly, a small white bunny jumped out of the bushes, making me drop my hands and exhale a breath I didn't notice I was holding.

"You do realize you scared the shit out of me, right?" - I said, placing my left hand on my hip while slightly smirking.

The bunny's nose wiggled a bit before it jumped its way towards me.

I crouched down, making the bunny jump back in fear, which was, I assume, because my clown make-up.

"Hey, it's fine! You don't have to be afraid! I might look scary, but I'm not gonna hurt you!"

I held out my hand and gave the bunny a friendly close-eyed smile.

Opening my eyes, I saw the bunny slowly hopping towards me again.

It sniffed my hand and looked up at me.

" I wonder what it's thinking about..."

It gave me a smile and nuzzled into my hand.

"It emits of innocence... Reminds me of when I was young and careless."

I picked up the bunny, gently petting its head as it nuzzled into my arms.

"So, where should we go, little one?"

The small blob of furr looked up at me, as if it was trying to communicate by telepathy.

"I'm gonna guess that way." - I turned to a random direction and started aimlessly walking trough the forest.

After around 10 minutes of walking, we came to a small meadow, with a pond a few feet away from it.

I walked to the pond and sat down, placing the bunny on the ground as it layed down next to me, closing its eyes.

I took off my shoes and stockings, dipping my feet into the lukewarm water while looking up at the clear sky.

"I've never felt this way before. It's really nice.

Is this what it's like feeling no pressure?

If so, then gee, it feels great!"

I looked down at the bunny.

It looked back at me before looking towards the water.

"You need a name. Hmm, how about Misty?" - I asked, tilting my head slightly but the bunny didn't move at all.

"So, no.

...

Berfin* then?"

The bunny looked at me, giving of more happiness by every second.

"Berfin it is then, huh?" - I laughed, petting Berfin on the head and taking my feet out of the water before laying down on the soft grass.

We sat there for a while, until I noticed the sun was beginning to set.

I got up, putting my stockings and shoes back on and picking Berfin up, hugging it lightly as it snuggled into my hug like before.

"We need a shelter, any ideas?" - I said while looking at Berfin.

It just wiggled its nose and turned its head towards a direction right of the lake.

"Over there? Alright."

I started walking in the given direction, looking around for a bit to adjust to my new surroundings.

"So beautiful... And... Peaceful.

I like it here!"

After walking for a few minutes, we came up to a small, not so deep cave.

"How convenient." - I thought out loud, walking into the small cave.

After making myself a bed out of rocks, I layed down, slowly closing my eyes.

Suddenly, I felt something poke my hand.

Opening my eyes, I realized it was Berfin, trying to lift my hand up.

I smiled lightly and lifted up my arm as Berfin hopped up to me, snuggling into my hug once again, before we both drifted off to sleep.

♡︎♥︎♡︎♥︎♡︎♥︎♡︎♥︎♡︎

Berfin - Kurdish name which means "snowdrop flower"