Part 11

You had spent the last two weeks completely infatuated with Eren, and the infatuation was reciprocated. The two of you would take turns spending the night at each other's dorms every other night, watching movies, eating, talking, fucking. For a moment you had almost considered the idea of dating him legitimately- or at least taking him more seriously than you were then. In the midst of all of this you had felt your contact with Connie becoming a secondary thought. You hadn't seen him in days, and you barely spoke to him throughout the day. It was a wednesday night and you decided to invite Jean over to fill him in on everything that was going on with Eren and Connie. When he arrived you began to tell Jean about it all, from the night you slept with the hazel eyed boy- to which Jean assured you he had heard plenty of, to the day you bumped into Eren, and everything after it.

"You've been sleeping...with both of my close friends?" He looked at you, eyes wide once the realization hit him. The way he phrased it made the situation sound a lot worse than it really was, causing you to groan in response.

"At least they don't really know each other!" You protested, to which Jean rolled his eyes. "Plus, if Connie can sleep with the entire campus, including his ex, then I should be able to have fun too."

"You're not leading him on though, right?" You paused for a moment. The thought had never occurred to you. As far as you knew it was a mutual benefit, both of you were able to enjoy each other's company and the sexual chemistry between the both of you was perfect. He never hinted towards wanting more than what you had now, and neither did you. Noticing your hesitation Jean sighed, sprawling out on your couch as he looked continued to roll his eyes.

"Eren is a simple guy, which I'm sure you know by now." He began. "If this goes on for long enough things are gonna start getting complicated, and Eren doesn't do complications."

"It won't though, we're clearly just having fun there's nothing really complicated about that."

"Yeah?" He sat up in his seat, looking over at you with a hint of frustration in your eyes. There was clearly a point that he was trying to get at that you just weren't picking up on. "So what happens when Connie finds out? Or when he decides he's ready to take things seriously with you?"

You didn't know how you managed to go two weeks without considering any of that to be a possibility. You were being just as careless with Eren as Connie was with you. The sudden realization made you feel sick to your stomach, now unable to look your friend in the face you stared down at your hands, shrugging weakly in response. You didn't know what to say. You knew Jean wasn't mad at you, that he was just looking out for you, but you couldn't help but feel like you were in trouble for what you'd done. You didn't know why you thought that just telling Eren about Connie would have been enough to combat the festering situation. You didn't even know why you didn't tell Connie about him in the first place, or why you ignored all of his texts and calls when you were with Eren, like you were cheating. Logically, you knew that you didn't owe Connie any sort of explanation or list of people that you were sleeping with since the two of you weren't anywhere near dating each other, but you knew that you had to at least warn both of the boys about each other if you wanted to avoid any sort of blow up.

"You're right I'm sorry I've been careless I guess I just... I don't know it was such a relief to be with someone and not have to constantly worry about him."

"I understand, but that's basically the same logic that he used to shut you out and you saw where that ended up for you two." Jean wrapped his arm around you, pulling you into a warm, much needed hug before pulling away and clapping his hands together. The sudden burst of energy took your attention and you looked at him expectantly, watching as he stood up from his seat. "Now it's well deserved romcom time!"