PROLOGUE

THE NIGHT OF THE GALA, it quickly came to Y/N's attention that she definitely should not have waited til the last minute to get ready. But, her own procrastination had bested her, especially since she didn't want to go, at all. It isn't that Y/N wasn't excited to see all her peers, it's just that...

Y/N wasn't excited to see her peers.

Or anyone for that matter, she was exhausted after having just recently returned from one of her longer missions, and though her publicist had insisted the timing was perfect Y/N had to disagree.

She was really hoping for a break, not to be forced into socializing with everyone. And though Y/N didn't want to seem arrogant in any way, she was a woman who had amassed quite the influence in her years as a Pro Hero. Meaning people wanted to talk to her, they wanted her favor.

Y/N wasn't in the mood to have conversations with people faking kindness at the moment, which was the primary reason she found herself grimacing as she slipped on her second heel. Nearly falling to the floor had she not caught herself on the edge of the doorway as she hopped out while adjusting her shoe.

As though things couldn't become more chaotic, Y/N's phone rings, causing her to jump at the sudden noise in shock before cursing, hand reaching into her small purse and digging around for the item as she continues towards her door. Just before she can pick up the phone, the call promptly ends, and a knock sounds at the door— causing Y/N to groan in annoyance as she comes to a proper stand and begins to make her way towards the entrance of her home.

The knocks become more rapid, and Y/N suddenly realizes just who is at her door as she rolls her eyes, calling out, "I'm coming you impatient hag."

Y/N can practically hear the scoff of her publicist as she finally opens the door, revealing the woman who stands with her brow raised. "We're going to be late."

Before her stands Lorelai Flores, one of the most renowned publicists of their time. Y/N was lucky to have scored her seeing as she was one of few Pro Heroes who hadn't had a scandal yet, miraculously. In fact, Y/N had been one of her first clients shortly after they'd met in a local café— the woman had come from America and Y/N couldn't help but wonder if life there was more chaotic with how well she handled all her clients.

The woman in question stands before Y/N in a green dress as she removes her glasses, eyes scanning Y/Ns figure before saying, "you look nice."

A smile finds its way onto Y/N's face as she lightly shoves Lorelai, stepping out of her apartment and locking the door behind her before the pair begins to head down the hall, "you look great as well!"

The click of their heels brings Y/N a satisfaction she cant describe as they exit the apartment complex, Y/N lived in a quiet area, an attempt to escape the unavoidable fame being a Pro Hero brought on. It was especially worse when you saw all the posts.

God, Twitter is insane, Y/N learnt that the hard way. Despite the fact that she and Bakugou Katsuki hadn't been in the same room since graduation— for a reason— the internet had taken to shipping the pair. It was an idea that Y/N abhorred given her history with the boy. After all, they'd practically been butting heads since they met.

But it was appealing to the masses, the idea of someone "soft" like Y/N, someone known for their charity work and kindness, their sweet smile and endless optimism. And someone... like Bakugou. Harsh, almost ill-mannered and rude— though there was no denying that he'd made progress since their UA days, not that Y/N could confirm this seeing as she hadn't seen him in so long. That and the fact that last she checked, most of the major headlines involving Bakugou were... not very positive.