𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐠𝐨

Towering at the top of the stairs was B/n. He knew he was right, but he also understood where Y/n was coming from. But he had no choice, being low on money in such a dark time meant it was incredibly hard to get by. "Y/n, I'm heading off now." He trotted down the stairs after solidifying his only option. "Y/n?" He repeated for a response, yet only the echo of his lonesome voice could be heard. Making his way down to the one large room that was half kitchen and part dining room / lounge room, he found nobody was there. Before he had the chance to bolt out the door for his sister, Y/n peacefully walked in through the front entrance, holding her outside shoes. "I got your horse ready, I already hooked up the carriage for your things.." She wondered inside and prepared to go upstairs. "Oh, thank you..." pulling his heavy feet towards the door, he barely glance back to see Y/n had already ascended the stairs.

"I should be back by tomorrow morning!" He made sure his voice was heard through their small cottage, before leaving.

"at least it wont be any longer than usual.." Y/n mumbled, preparing her bed.

B/n bellowed for his horse to go, while Y/n lied wide awake in her small yet cozy bed. The fall air blew colder and colder as time past on and night drew nearer, blowing out any lanterns that have been displayed for late travelers.

Pushing past unfamiliar tree branches and dodging tree roots, B/n tugged at his thin cloak that has weakened with age for remaining warmth. "We should be close Bayard, I see a sign up there!" He mushed his horse, pulling up to the weathered sign which only pointed north, B/n skeptically looked to the fork in the road. Either straight a head, or right. "Well we couldn't have traveled to far yet, I think if we went right it would just lead us back to town. We should head north, right?" The man with the worst sense of direction peered at his horse who was trying to jeer right. "North it is!" They trotted onwards through the spooky woods, a few owls could be heard, and almost the sound of a person whispering. "Go." the disembodied voice hollowed, blending in with the strong wind.

"What was that Bayard!?" B/n continued through the bone chilling air. In the far horizon among the tall and thick spruce trees, appeared to be a stop, which elated the man. "See Bayard? I told you we were close! Yah!" whipping the reins of his still frightened horse, the came to the ledge of a steep ravine. connecting both sides was a frail bridge, hanging on for dear life. "That things already got one foot in the grave.." He mewled over the rushing water that was starting to fill with ice at the bottom of the ravine. "Yah!" Yet he still pushed through and made it to the other side, confused as to where the market was. "Well Bayard, I was excited a few moments ago, but now I am just terribly lost." He dropped the reins and crossed his arms, looking around him. "What do you suppose we do-"

The close distance of a wolfs howl could be heard from their right, a round it echoed from the right to left to all around. the riffs come to an end when a pack of wolves emerge from the deep woods, putting B/n and Bayard through all five stages of grief. "We should RUN!!" B/n has never whipped the reins as fast and aggressive as he just did, nor did Bayard ever take off as soon as just now. The wolves being right on their tail, the first snow of the season began to fall. What would be considered a calm and memorable night, is now turned into a horror movie. An aesthetic horror movie.

"Bayard! I see a gate- A CASTLE!?" While his attention was once on the nearing gate, it turned to the massive castle being protected by said gate. They found a consistent pace so get ahead of the wild dogs, but the wolves still remained hot on their trail. Bayard busts through the gate head first, just trying to escape the blood hounds. B/n takes a side dive off Bayard, and slams the giant gate shut, which was being mauled seconds later by vicious wolves. Out of reflex he flew backwards away from the gate, trying to take everything in.