𝐓𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝

Gold lights that shone through the palace windows wavered in the pouring rain.

Outside the gates were Jshlatt and an entire village mob, prepared to raid the castle.

"Sure looks lively in there considering a 'beast' is supposed to be inhabiting it..." Shlatt looked over to B/n who was on a donkey rather than a horse, unsure if he was really telling the truth.

"My sister is in there, if you save her you will have my blessing in marrying her, that was the deal." B/n couldn't afford for anyone to back out now, the letter he supposedly received from Y/n clearly was a trap. "That filthy beast doesn't even know what's coming for him.."

It was too late for Shlatt to back out now, so he signaled for everyone to move forward to the front door.

The mob chanted with there pitchforks high in the air, a group of lumberjacks had cut down a tree just outside the castle to break down the door. "Kill the beast!" Shlatt roared over the last; *BANG* the door had completely broke off it's hinges as the whole village piled into the palace.

As they stood in the main lobby they looked around on the suspiciously dark and empty room. just a few moments ago the castle looked bright and joyous even in the eerie weather, now it looked abandoned and haunted.

"Quackity, go get a light or something." Quackity did as Shlatt said, like always. He waved his arms out to find a candle, coming in contact with a candelabra. He grabbed a match he had in his coat pocket and struck it with his teeth.

Everyone looked to Quackity since he was the only source of light, and watched him as he brought the flame closer to the candle.

Before lighting the candle however, Wuackity had to take a double take amd glance down to the candle, believing he saw it move. Staring intently at it, it suddenly stared right back at him with a pair of angry eyes. He gasped and blinked rapidly, dropping the match, causing it to blow out before it hit the floor.

"What the hell are you doing Qu-"

The candle immediately lit itself, all three arms blazing with heat. Quackity dropped the candle and fled back to Shlatt in fear.

"NOW!" On que, every candle in the room lit themselves as furniture flew out of every shadow, declaring war on the trespassers.
"On guard!"
~~~~~~~
My feet felt heavy and sore, I heard the crashing and banging my friends were apart of downstairs, I only hoped they were safe as I made it to the roof of the castle, staring out over the cold forest.
No sound made it to my ears, the cold numbed me and my thoughts were so fast i couldn't think. Everything that could have gone wrong tonight has- and soon, would be worse. No miracle could save my friends or I...

*creek*

I peered over my lonely shoulder to the door that lead to the roof. I saw a man, slightly pale and facial hair. his read shirt was wet from the rain, and his sword would soon rust from the same treatment.

I know why he's here. What he's here to do. So this is my fate? To die the way I wanted to change? To learn kindness and die trying.

No. I cant die, I never die. This single man can't be the end of my journey, I still have so many things to do. I pull up my body from the stiff slouch I rested in, and turned slowly.

"What the hell..." He sputtered out.

I let the nastiest smirk grow across my face, and rolled out my left arm.

He raised his sword with a sneer, and began to nudge forward. He jabbed his blade and I leaned to the left, he swung for my neck and i merely leaned back. Though once he lunged forward, i moved to the side, letting gravity take its course and let him fall off the edge of where I once sulked.