An Alliance In The Making And The Death Of A Monarch

Florence Sea, Terra
August 18th, 1950

CNV Freedom, Revolution-class Dreadnought

A massive fleet sails towards Horizon, flying the colors of the Gaian Confederacy and the Northern Alliance. Aboard the Gaian flagship, Captain Richardson sat with his bridge officers across from Vice-Admiral Leeson. But while she looks comfortable, he doesn't, not with most of the women inside the bridge staring at them like they look like some sort of alien.

He looks to his 2iC and says, "This is making me uncomfortable, and it's not gonna help us."

"Agreed, this is not helping.", he replies before motioning at Leeson that they wish to speak.

"What would you wish to speak with us when you signaled us earlier?"

She smile before replying,"Simple, I wish to speak with the man who saved our fleet but I believe I should thank your commanders instead."

"Is this why you agreed to come with us back to our naval station?", Captain Richardson asked.

"Well, not just that.", she replied with straight face. The men across her had tick marks on their foreheads as her reply wasn't enough.

"The primary reason that I agreed to sail with you back to your naval station is that I wish to start an alliance or at least prepare talks between our governments for one with your people and hopefully bring this centuries long war to a close.", she finally gave her answer, shocking Richardson and the remains of his bridge staff.

"A centuries long war? How is this possible?", one Richardson's officers stated, confusion and a horrified look appearing in his face.

"When this world was born, the male population was small, 2 out of 100 children born were male. When wars began, the need to replenish numbers made many nations, desperate to increase their population, to begin wars for male members of every species.", she paused, looking at the horrified faces of the men aboard the ship before continuing," This constant war for males transformed the continent that both humanity and the elves reside in to a wasteland. The land between the borders is nothing but a No-Man's Land while our cities billow black smoke everyday."

"If your people are looking for males that you need in order to replenish populations and be better than your enemies, what's stopping you from taking me and my men and turning us into your slaves?!", Captain Richardson asked, angrily while glaring at her.

She sighs before replying,"That is the least of my people's concerns. This war is already draining the meager resources that Gaia has, if we decided to take you and your men, your state will retaliate and destroy us. Not only that, you're the only people that decided to help us in our darkest hour."

"I see, thank you for your explaination.", Captain Richardson said,"I now understand why women serve in the military here and in frontline combat too, women who serve in ours rarely serve in the frontline, being assigned to auxiliary units.", he finishes.

"I understand, but I have to ask, when will we arrive?", she looks at the men across her, waiting for an answer.

"In about an hour ma'am.",replied another officer,"but we might be slightly delayed because the station is currently under construction or rather half of it."

Captain Richardson stands up, before retiring to the Officer's Lounge aboard.

================================================================
1 Hour Later

Several warships of the Northern Alliance docked themselves at the harbor while floating docks were hastily assembled and sent to the massive fleet. Field medics and doctors began treating the wounded sailors on both sides as dock workers and engineers quickly went to work on repairing damaged ships.