From Dusk Till Dawn

Pier #5, Naval Station Horizon
97th Pursuit Squadron

Motor Torpedo Boat #372, 1945 Gunboat (Torpedo Modification)

12:37 AM

Ensign Ralley walks down the gangplank as he hands out the boat's ammunition to the sailor on it.

He looks back at Horizon, witnessing several fires still occurring in the base. The day had been hard.

Several waves of bird bombing attacks had struck the base. Larger bombs were rare but had caused devastating amounts of damage across the base.

Of the 9 ships currently at station, 2 of the destroyers were badly hit, both would have to be either sent back home for repairs or to be scuttled if the damage is to great that it wouldn't be able sail back home.

The base's mobile dock had been hit, though the damage was very minimal.

The fuel and ammunition dumps had been hit too, fires and explosions still raging from the hit warehouses and fuel tanks. The rest of the base had been ignored and the Anti-Aircraft guns of the base managed to down 27 birds.

He quickly turns back to the task at hand, grabbing 20mm clips for the bow mounted 20mm Oerlikon cannon and cans of 12.7mm ammo for the. 50 cals.

Ensign Ralley was American, along with the rest of his crew. Next to him however was a European Gunboat, their escort of the battle.

His unit's objective for tonight was a torpedo attack on the enemy ships currently docking themselves and bombarding their positions.

If they could disable or sink some of the vessels. The fleet currently in harbor could force them out by tomorrow with air support from the incoming Carrier Task force, which spent most of the day chasing down another small fleet.

"Ralley, get on board, we're done here.",said his CO, who is currently walking down the gangplank. He quickly follows him, manning his position next to the navigator.

He grabs the handlebar as the boat accelerates, keeping him steady. He watches as the small fleet of torpedo and torpedo gun boats leave port.

Behind them, the 7 remaining ships begin to steam ahead, hoping to catch the enemy off guard.

They cut through the waters rapidly, their engines running at half the power to conserve fuel. As the boat lurches over a wave, he almost falls on his rear, but he managed to keep himself steady.

He turns into the sky, stars and moon shine brightly tonight. This night was the perfect condition for an attack.

Full moon and mostly cloudless, meaning full visibility on where they are headed.

He looks behind him to see the boat's primary armament, 4 21-inch torpedos. Each with 1,200 kg of High Explosive.

He hopes that theses will bring devastation to the enemy that had brought constant attacks on their base and created widespread devastation.

That would be for later. Now, he waits....

================================================================
5 Kilometers from the Landing site

Baker Company, 9th Marine Battalion "Hell Raisers"

12:50 AM

Captain Cassady of Baker Company checks his watch for the time. 10 minutes earlier, he received word that the fleet will arrive in an hour.

Enough time for him and his men to prepare for the raid. He looks back at his company preparing for the raid.

Men were grabbing extra magazines and grenades. Engineers were packing explosives and wirecutters. He saw one of his men walking towards him, he looks like he was relaying orders.