you want to cuddle

You dragged your feet through the bedroom door and over to the bed. You plopped down into bed beside Emma, who sent you a smile and welcomed you home before burying her face back in her book.

You had a long day and wanted nothing more than to crawl into her arms. She seemed much more occupied than you hoped she'd be. You watched her eyes move as soaked up the written words like a sponge; more enthralled with every page and every chapter as she continues reading.

You didn't want to distract her from her story if she was enjoying it so much. She's so busy sometimes and deserves some time to do what she pleases, as well.

But you were desperate for the comfort of her embrace, wanting to be held by her and forget all about your day.

You breathed out a sigh and it fell from your lips dramatically. Emma was amused at first, gazing at you from the corner of her eyes and cracking a smile as she continued to read the lines on the pages.

But as you continued to sigh dramatically and even tug at her shirt sleeve, which made her look away from the pages and over at you.

"Yes?"

"Are you busy?" You wondered and pouted a little, which made her chuckle and shrug her shoulders. "Too busy to cuddle? Because I had a long day and I really want to cuddle you."

"Y/n, you know I'm never too busy to cuddle with you." She said and let you move to lay with your back against her chest.

As soon as her arms were around you, your worries seemed to fade away. There was nothing more comforting than her embrace.

Her arms are so secure and warm, making your stresses and worries slip away instantly every time she holds you.

"You don't have to stop reading if you don't want to. I'm happy just being in your arms."

She kissed your head before bookmarking her page and closing the book.

"That's a sweet offer, baby. But I love you and I missed you today. You want to cuddle, so we'll cuddle. Want to watch a movie too?"

You nodded and she turned on the tv and flipped through the channels before settling on something you both liked. You put your head back against her chest as she tangled her legs with yours and draped a blanket over your lap.

With her arms tight around you, you felt better than you have all day. Her kisses, touch, and her warm embrace all made you feel warm and caused your heart flutter.

"Love you."

"I love you too, Emma."

She kissed your forehead lovingly and started to talk to you about your day, letting you get it all off your chest as she held you close and promised you that tomorrow would be a better day.