she's sick (requested)

"Come on, baby. Let's get you back to bed." You spoke softly to Emma as you ran your hand gently along her back.

She was weak and exhausted, so drained of energy that she had to lean on you with every step because she couldn't walk on her own. Her legs felt like jelly, her eyes so heavy she could barely keep them open.

It's after one in the morning and you had just fallen asleep when she shook you awake again, telling you that her stomach ached terribly and she was feeling nauseous. She's still sweating from the fever she has but her stomach is starting to settle after she spent the last several minutes on the bathroom floor, emptying her stomach until she couldn't take anymore.

"I've got you." You said as you helped her walk, letting her take her time to get back to the bed. You had her sit down at the foot of the bed as you went to the closet to grab her a clean shirt. She whimpered in discomfort and it broke your heart.

In the almost ten months you've been together, you can't remember a time when you've seen her so ill. It was all new to you and it hurt to see her like that.

You quickly returned to her side and brushed back a few locks of hair that clung to her forehead. You sent her a sad smile as you pulled her shirt off and then helped her into the clean one.

"Are you okay?" You asked as you watched her shift around in discomfort again.

"I'm alright." She mumbled. "Just want to sleep."

"I know. Why don't you lay down and I'll join you in a minute?"

"Don't go." She pleaded, staring at you with sad eyes.

"I promise I won't be long. I just want to get you some water. You need to try to stay hydrated since you've been throwing up a lot."

She let you go, despite how reluctant she was to do so. She moved up to her pillows and put her head down as you moved the empty trash can closer to her in case she felt too sick to make it to the bathroom while you were out of the room. You kissed her head and watched her eyes squeeze shut. She swallowed thickly and tried to fall asleep, hoping that some sleep would help her feel better.

You grabbed her some cold water as well as a sheet from the closet for her to cover up with before you returned to her side.

But you were too late. You froze before you reached the bedroom over the sound of her getting sick once more. You let out a sad sigh when you saw her back on the bathroom floor, head hanging over the toilet again.

You put the water down and returned to her side, where you held back her hair once again.

She was done just a minute later. She didn't have anything left to possibly get up anymore.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm alright." She mumbled and leaned on you once more. "I want to sleep."

"Okay. C'mon, baby. Let's get you to bed. Maybe now you can sleep since your stomach is a little more settled."

She nodded and walked back to bed with you, where she covered up with the sheet you got for her and took a few sips of water to rid the taste from her mouth since she didn't have the strength to brush her teeth.

"Feel better?"

"A little." She mumbled. "A lot better than before."

"Good."

"But I really need cuddles." She said, peeking one eye open to stare at you, hoping you'd lay down and hold onto her.

"Happily." You smiled and laid down beside her.

Instantly, she moved into your arms and laid her head on your chest. You brushed your fingers through her hair and felt her smile against your neck.

"I love you. I hope you feel much better soon."

"I know I will because you're here to take care of me. I love you so much." She mumbled as she drifted off to sleep, leaving you with a small smile on your face as you held her close, hoping with a little TLC she'd be better in no time.