she cleans up and misplaces your things (requested)

You jumped in surprise as you closed the front door behind you, finding that Emma was standing right in front of you when you turned back around.

"Oh, hi." You giggled and put your arms around her neck as you pecked her lips.

She was smiling proudly at you, a gleam of happiness in her eyes as she stared at you.

"What?"

"I did something for you today. Want to come and see?"

You nodded happily and let her take your hand so she could lead you upstairs to your shared bedroom.

"I worked hard on it. I spent a few hours doing this for you. I hope you like it." She smiled and let go of your hand as you entered the bedroom together.

She expected a look of awe or a big hug from you as you realized that she'd cleaned your side of the room for you.

It wasn't exactly the cleanest before this.

You'll admit without any hesitation that you're not anywhere near as tidy as she is.

You don't exactly call yourself messy, per se. Because you find comfort in knowing that you know exactly where everything is at.

And you know that makes you look messy to some, but you don't care, because it's helpful for you and puts your always busy mind at ease.

"So? What do you think?" She asked excitedly as she looked around the spotless room in pride.

"Emma, what did you do?" You mumbled.

"I cleaned." She chuckled nervously.

"No, you don't understand! Everything's misplaced now. I had everything where I needed it! It's too clean and I don't know where everything's at!"

She jumped as you yelled in frustration and looked around the room in a panic.

You started to name different items that you kept in specific spots, asking where she'd moved them to so you could put everything back it's in place, where it needed to be.

You were having a bit of a meltdown and she kicked herself mentally for not realizing just how much you depended on everything being in certain places.

"No," you whined as you began to breathe heavily. "Nothing is where it was before!" You groaned as you tangled your fingers through your hair.

You looked frantic and overwhelmed as you searched around for your things.

Nothing was in its rightful place.

Nothing was where you needed it to be.

You began to panic, so overwhelmed you struggled to catch your breath as you tried to find everything in different drawers and on different bookshelves and tables in the room.

Emma felt incredibly guilty for being the cause of your meltdown.

But she tried to push the guilt aside so she could focus on helping and comforting you first and foremost.

She walked up to you and put her hand on your back.

She didn't want to pull you into her arms without you having a little notice and risk overwhelming you, so she just settled for that for now.

"Shh, baby. Try to breathe. It's okay." She whispered and listened as you tried to steady your breathing and relax a little.

"I'm so sorry, baby." She apologized, her voice quiet as the words fell from her lips. "I truly am. I feel so bad. Can I do something to help? Anything?" She asked as she bounced her foot, willing to help you in any way shape, or form.

You just turned around and leaned against her as you tried to calm down.

You closed your eyes and took some deep breaths, listening to the steady beat of her heart as you tried to relax your mind a little.

"I'm sorry, Em. I know you worked hard on cleaning it up and I know I should appreciate it and trust me, I do. I like knowing you look out for me and care for me like that. But it's just hard on me to know everything is in a different place now." You explained.

"I know. I should've spoken to you about it first. I'm sorry I moved everything around on you. Is there anything I can do to help? Do you need me to move things around at all for you? If it helps, I'll do it."

"I don't know. It's just going to take me some time to get used to it, Emma."

"I completely understand, baby. Next time we need to clean, we'll clean up together. That way you know exactly where everything is." She smiled as she rubbed your back comfortingly.

"Okay."

She kissed your head lovingly and held you loosely, that way you could pull away at any given moment if you needed to for any reason at all.

She held you as you calmed down, repeatedly telling you just how sorry she was and that everything was going to be okay.

She promised to help you look for anything you needed to find and if you needed to change anything, anything at all, she'd happily help you.

She just wanted you to feel a little more comfortable, unaware that she already was just by being there to hold you and calm you down when you really needed that.