you wear her shirt

Emma buried her face in her pillow as she rolled over in bed. The sun was hitting her skin, signaling that morning had arrived. She didn't know what time it was but she was still sleepy and therefore, it was much too early for her to be waking up.

She scooted closer to where you usually lay and went to put her arm around you to bring you closer. But she only felt the wrinkled and cool sheets against the tips of her fingers rather than your warm skin.

She opened one of her eyes and groaned when she realized you weren't there. She looked at the clock on the wall and found that it was after nine am. She thought about going back to sleep, thinking you'd probably return in a few minutes. But she didn't want to sleep without you in her arms, so she unwillingly decided to brush her teeth and go find you.

She swung her legs over the bed and dragged her feet as she made her way into the bathroom. She quickly brushed her teeth before she walked downstairs. She was about halfway down when she heard your laugh and the sound of the tv. A smile tugged at her lips and she quickly made her way down the rest of the stairs as a rush of happiness came over her about spending the morning curled up on the sofa with you, watching all those shows that you love and soaking in some quality time together.

"Morning, baby." She smiled and gave you a kiss as she took a seat beside you.

"Good morning. I didn't expect for you to be up so soon." You said and she shrugged her shoulders.

"Woke up and you weren't there so I came to find you." She explained as you dropped your head to her shoulder and let her pepper a few kisses across the crown of it.

"I woke up a little while ago and couldn't get back to sleep so I figured I'd come down here and watch some tv. I didn't want to wake you."

She nodded and put her arms around you to bring your back against her chest. You were just in a cozy tee with the blanket over your lap. She was able to brush her hand along your thighs since your skin was exposed with the fabric of your shirt only going down to the tops of your thighs.

She looked down to watch her fingers brush along your skin soothingly and her breath hitched when she saw that it was her shirt you were wearing.

She couldn't help but giggle and gently gather your hair in her hands before she pushed it to one side of your neck and leaned down to pepper kisses along your skin.

"You're wearing my shirt." She smiled against your skin and continued to kiss your neck.

"I was hot when I woke up in my long-sleeved shirt so I threw this on. Do you mind?"

"Not at all." She whispered. "I love when you wear my clothes. You look so cute."

You melted against her, eyes slipping shut as a soft sigh fell from your lips.

"Take them any time you want."

You hummed and turned around so you could capture her lips with yours and bring her in for a sweet kiss as she lovingly trailed her fingertips along your thighs. There was no intention behind the way they moved along your skin other than wanting to show you some affection and feel your warm skin against her fingertips.

"Love you lots. You know that?" She asked as she pulled her lips away from yours and began to kiss your jaw sweetly.

"I love you more."

She shook her head as she kissed her way back up to your lips.

"That's impossible." She smiled, kissing the corners of your lips. "I love you more than anything."