Chapter 1: New Patients at the Mansion!

**Y/N's POV**

Shinobu accepted my request! I'm working as a medical assistance staff now. I don't really know how to explain it, but I just felt like I knew just what to do despite watching Aoi work all week long. I really wanted to help her back then.

Butterfly mansion is a place where lots of Demon Slayers get sent to rehabilitation and training or so says Shinobu. She taught me a few things as well, such as checking the pulse and knowing how to treat broken bones. Aoi used to manage all by herself. I'm happy I'm able to help her with this.

I want to be able to help more, but this is all I can do for now. I want to focus on recovering my memories. How can I do that? I started by remembering as far as I could.

Everything is blurry past the two weeks I've been here. It's spring and the flowers are in full bloom. It's a lovely day, so I'm heading outside. I walk around the garden, there are many different flowers and plants.

One flower caught my attention the most. It was a beautiful flower. It was a Japanese Snowbell, a Japanese flower that only blooms in May. I looked at its white petals and an unreasonable nostalgic feeling invaded me.

I heard a little boy's laugh. I turned around but no one was there. It was probably just my imagination then. I gave my attention to the Snowbell once more. I reached to touch its petals. It felt soft.

I closed my eyes. An image flashed through my mind. Sakura trees were in blossom, along with Japanese Snowbells. A house I've never seen before was there, surrounded by the trees.

A woman was inside. I couldn't see her features quite well, but she wore a blue kimono, and her hair was long and straight. It was a sunny day, just like this one. I opened my eyes again. That image was gone now. I let out a sigh. What could that have been? I felt like someone was staring at me.

When I turned around, Kanao was looking at me. She smiled. I smiled back at her.

"Y/N, injured Demon Slayers have arrived at the mansion. "

"Alright, thank you Kanao"

I went inside, heading over to the patient's room. Three Demon Slayers were resting in beds. Two of them were unconscious. The other one looked like she was sleeping. I decided to check their pulse first.

I counted 60 beats per minute for the yellow-haired boy. He had broken a rib, but nothing serious. I moved on to the red-haired boy. He had broken his arms. I checked his pulse. I read around 90 beats per minute. This was a rather high pulse rate, I removed my hand from his chest, but as I did I realized something. The pulse was ringing in my ears.

I put my fingers on the side of my neck and started looking for my pulse. The high pulse rate was mine. My cheeks flushed red when Kanao leaned over to me.

"Is everything alright Y/N?"

She looked curiously at me.

"Everything's all right Kanao, thanks. Could you call Aoi over?"

She nodded.

I smiled, but deep down, I was confused. What just happened to me? This wasn't like me. My cheeks were still hot. I proceeded to check the girl's pulse, trying my best not to wake her up. Should've known I'd fail.

The girl woke right up when I was about to check her pulse. She looked at me, she seemed angry. I never expected what came out of her mouth.

"WHY'D YOU WAKE ME UP?!"

A boy's voice came out of that girl's mouth. I was so surprised I accidentally fell to the floor.

"HUH? YOU'RE A BOY?!"