~~ Elves Are Stupid ~~

By the time L and Bryce caught up to Emrik and Robbie, they were standing in front of a rippling white barrier. It looked similar to those L created, but much brighter.

"Welcome in, please make yourselves comfortable." Emrik gestured and a small opening, like a door, appeared in the barrier.

There was nothing to be seen on the other side, they had no idea what they'd be heading into. But after the three of them shared a quick look and a shrug, they stepped through blindly. They could handle whatever came next, but L still felt like she could trust Emrik, she wasn't going to cave to Bryce's suspicions and worries. Nobody saves lives just to end them a moment later.

L blinked and opened her eyes to their new surroundings, she gasped at the sight before them. Bright sunlight poured into a grove, showing off the vibrantly healthy trees, each with different blossoms adorning its branches. Several pools of sparkling water dotted the landscape, each with an array of Nymphs and Sprites sitting around. The air smelled of bananas, and there was soft music playing from somewhere. The whole grove felt alive and peaceful, it was hard to believe the grove was pretty much next door to bloodthirsty Trolls.

A large house rose up in the middle of the grove, and Emrik gestured towards it.

"We can talk in there."

He started walking and apparently they were just expected to follow.

"Where exactly are we?" Robbie asked of anyone who was listening.

L shook her head, "For once, I have no idea." L's jaw was trailing on the ground.

The grove was really something, it felt similar to Lymasia but somehow this was more magical. L could feel it flowing around her, it was infused in the air.

"You think it wise to keep a place like this close to those Trolls, they could get through and attack?" Bryce called to Emrik, taking strides to catch up.

L hurried after them, raising her brow at Bryce's attitude.

"Actually they couldn't, you should give me a little more credit than that, Your Highness. You're starting to sound like your father."

Bryce stopped dead, his face had turned beetroot red and L thought steam was about to erupt from his ears.

"I am nothing like my father," Bryce retorted, his every word tinged with anger.

"Then stop assuming you know best, you may think you are all grown up but don't think I won't knock you down a peg or two." Emrik smirked, it was almost as if he was challenging Bryce to start something.

Bryce hesitated, and took up his walk again. "I apologise for my assumption, the Trolls make me a little... nervous."

L was strangely glad to hear him finally admit to it, although she disliked what that nervousness brought out in him.

"Perfectly understandable, I heard about what happened to the three of you before your arrival. It was brave to jump back in so soon, all for the sake of one young Elf?"

L swore loudly when the realisation hit her, causing everyone to look around.

"We never did find Dryden's body, I wanted confirmation to give his family closure. I didn't want to have to tell them we found nothing."

"I think... it's safe to assume he was... out there." Robbie stated, side-eyeing Bryce in case he went off again.

Bryce didn't react except to glance at Emrik, L wondered at the unusual interaction between them. Elves didn't usually act like that with anyone they'd just met, especially other Elves. There was something stirring in the corner of her mind, but when she tried to grab for it, it slipped away. L had a feeling the information had been tampered with, like the Jötnar's.