15. Streets

"How come every time I come home, you guys are always up past bedtime?"

Kicking off her shoes, Adriana tossed her keys on the marble counters, her eyes glued to the 'Nina's world' on the screen. After the long day she had, all she wanted to do was collapse on her bed and fall into a deep sleep, but she never wanted to pass up spending time with her babies.

"You guys want to have ice cream, and watch a movie?"

Adriana chuckled a bit at their enthusiasm, reaching into the freezer to pull out her favorite ice cream, which also happened to be her children's too. One thing she was glad that they had adopted from her.

"Can uncle Rio watch a movie with us too?"

Adriana tensed at Ana's words, her breath hitching in her throat at the sound of his name. "He's not your uncle, baby. And why would he watch a movie with us?" Ana lept eagerly as if she was holding in a secret all day, Adriana's heart dropping to her stomach at the sight of her daughter's grin.

"After he dropped you off, he told me he was going to visit us later, and then when you left he came back and Jenny left, but then he had to leave because of Auntie Beth. I think he's going to watch a movie with them." Ana's lips turned into a pout as she recalled the information, unaware of her mother's distress.

"Y'know what, babies. How about we do movie night next time Mr. Rio comes over? It's bedtime, anyways."

Adriana ignored Ana's groans of protest, lifting a drowsy Sebastian from the couch. "I'm gonna tuck you in and then I'm going to go check on Auntie Beth. Kay?"

Ana was in bed before Adriana could explain any further, her lids fluttering shut as she fell into a deep sleep. "You were tired, huh?" Tucking her under the purple duvet, she pressed a kiss to her forehead before heading over to Sebastian's bed so she could tuck him in.

$$$

"What're you doing here?'

Adriana watched as Rio exited the Boland household, glad that she had made it just in time. The argument between the two had left them both simmering with anger, their eyes shooting daggers at each other.

"None of your business, sweetheart."

Adriana let out a scoff, her arms crossed against her chest as she leaned against the hood of his car. He paid no mind to her, brushing past her without a single thought. This irked Adriana, her lips pressed into a thin line to keep from blowing up at him.

"It becomes my business when my children are a part of it. Why were you at my house, why were you looking for me?"

Rio's lips twitched into a smirk, his fingers wrapped around the handle to his car. Finally raising his head to meet her eyes, he rested his arms on top of his car, lightly tapping the keys against the dark metal. "Maybe I just missed you."

"Stop bullshitting me, Rio."

He couldn't help the chuckle that escaped his lips, his fingers running along his jaw in thought. "You're funny, Adriana." He paused, letting a tense silence fall between them as his eyes searched hers. Pressing his knuckles against his lips, he let out a sigh, a ghost of smirk spreading across his lips once he noticed her blatant annoyance.

"Marco came by today, said he had some product came in for me. Apparently, he still thinks he's the boss."

"I have't made a decision yet. And I'll cross that bridge with Marco if I get to it."

Rio hummed in thought, narrowing his eyes at Adriana. She felt a shiver run up her spine at his intense gaze, tearing her eyes away from his. "You need me to handle him? Just say the word."

Adriana let her arms fall to her side. The words she wanted to say caught in her throat, her eyes glued to the concrete beneath her. Opting to instead say nothing, Adriana started towards her car with a shake of her head.

"You're gonna need to make up your mind, sweetheart."

"I'll think about it."