1

"Wake up."

I jolted awake sitting up straight in my bed. My shirt was half soaked from sweat and my hair stuck to my face. My breathing was heavy and shaky.

"Shit," I muttered.

I looked at the clock on my nightstand. 3:15 am glowed red in the dark.

There was a slight breeze coming from my window which made a light whistling noise. The curtains fluttered a little. I threw my blanket off of me and swing my legs over the side of my bed. I slipped my toes into my sneakers and stood up sliding the rest of my feet in.

I stumbled a little but then found my balance. I grabbed my black zip up hoodie and slowly put it on. I slowly went over to my door, dodging the spots in the floor boards that creaked and moaned. I slowly opened the door just enough for me to slip out so my door wouldn't squeal.

I slowly walked down the dimly lit hallway. Jeff was in bed, hopefully sleeping. He wouldn't approve of me being up this early. But then again,  Jeff didn't really approve of much. But if Slendy caught me, I'd have my ass handed to me.

I passed Sally's room, she was all cuddled up to her teddy bears as the moon shined down on her.

She's such a good kid. I thought. But all good things come to an end, I guess.

I shook my head just to the thought of her story she told me about what her uncle had done to her. I shuddered.

I walked to the front door and stood there for a minute. The next thing I know I was grabbed from behind and had a cold blade pressed against my throat. I gasped lightly.

"Mornin' Jeff." I muttered.

He hesitated, but took the blade away from my throat.

"Why are you up? Lemme guess, bad dream?" Jeff asked and then gestured to my shirt. "Yaknow if you're going to have bad dreams and sweat waterfalls, wear thicker clothes. Or zip your hoodie up." Jeff said then zipped up my hoodie.

I smiled. "Yes dad." I smirked and chuckled a little.

"I will stab you, J." Jeff said and looked down at his knife.