1.0 What's The Harm In Having A Little Fun?

Alfea was such a beautiful place, and Lily Owens was lucky enough to call it her home

Alfea was such a beautiful place, and Lily Owens was lucky enough to call it her home. After spending the summer with her mother on Earth, Lily was happy to be back. She had turned sixteen over the summer, meaning she would be starting her first year of training at Alfea. Of course, she grew up there and began to learn to control her ability, but she had a long way to go if she wanted to be a real fairy.

The summer was hard and long. She missed Riven. But, Stella was right. Riven was going to distract her far too much from her studies in the upcoming year. Lily did not think she made a mistake by breaking things off with him, but she wished that she could still be with him. She longed for his touch, his love.

And he felt the same way. The truth was Riven was taking the break up horribly, as everyone had expected. He spent the summer getting drunk and high every single day, simply trying to forget his love for Lily. He tried to sleep with girls, seeing if he could feel the same way he felt when him and Lily had sex, but nothing worked. He needed her back.

But Lily needed to avoid Riven at all costs. She made sure the first place she went to was her new suite. Her uncle had made sure to put Lily in a suite with her cousin, Terra, who was also a first year. He was worried about the both of them, and thought they could look out for each other. An upperclassman is dropped into a room of first years to help them adjust, and Lily was lucky enough to be paired with her best friend, Stella. Stella and Lily spent a lot of time together at Alfea, and Stella looked at Lily as almost a younger sister. Lily was one of the only people that Stella had really opened up to about her mother.

Lily and Stella were assigned to share a room together. Stella had wanted a room all to herself, but she did not hate having to share a room with her best friend. When Lily made her way into the suite, she was met with Terra setting up her plants all around the community space. "Lily!" The earth fairy squealed as she saw her cousin. Terra ran up to Lily and wrapped her arms around her, practically squeezing the life from her body.

"Hi, Terra." Lily responded as she returned the hug.

Terra let out a giggle as she released Lily from her grasp. "How are you? Are you doing alright?" She questioned her cousin, looking deep into her eyes to find a hint of sadness.

Lily nodded before opening her mouth to speak. As soon as she began to answer, she was cut off. "I'm sure she doesn't really want to talk about her ex-boyfriend, Terra." Stella spoke up from behind the two earth fairies. A smile appeared on Lily's face as she turned and wrapped her arms around Stella. "Well, hello to you too." Stella chuckled as she patted her best friend's back.

"I missed you, Stell." Lily leaned into the hug, taking in the very familiar scent of Stella's perfume. It was hard to not have Stella around over the summer.