Chapter 20

Meanwhile, at the laboratory, Dr Wu was watching the deinonychuses, studying their behaviour, "Strange."

He took some notes when he suddenly noticed, the two creatures were gone "What?"

Henry walked around the habitat, he was very nervous when he suddenly caught one of them hiding behind the foliage, "Are you recording this?"

"Yes." The scientist replied as he carried an egg.

"Hum." Dr. Wu frowned, he focused on the one hiding, when he least expected the female one jumped at his face, he jumped back and screamed, the creature tried to attack Henry.

"Dr Wu are you alright?" The scientist helped him up.

Henry groaned "Yes, Yes, they are just a bit feisty today, I assume."

"I wonder why." Dodgson showed up from behind.

"Mr Dodgson?" Henry turned around.

"You see it know? you do not have control of these creatures." Dodgson pointed at the two deinonychuses.

"Yes, I do." Henry denied it.

"You have one more chance to prove it, if you're not right, kill those creatures and create ones that actually obey commands," Dodgson argued, he walked away and headed back to his office, he watched the creatures through the cameras.

"You'll see." Henry glared at Dodgson, as he continued to watch over the creatures, suddenly the power was off, "What the-"

The scientists complained, Henry threw the notebook at the table, "What the hell was that? who did that?!"

"W-we don't know?!" A scientist replied she searched for a flashlight.

The two deinonychuses destroyed the power box from their habitat, all the scientists hear next is two growls, the assets had escaped.

Dodgson got out of his office and noticed, "What the hell was that?" his eyes widened, he turned the emergency lights on, and locked the door to the lab, he screamed and ran away, the scientists attempted to open the door but were unable since it could only be opened outside.

Henry panted, he slides down to under a table and hides under it, all he hears is all 6 scientists that worked with him dying all at once, and dinosaurs eating them, Dr Wu looked over at them, he looked for an exit, then he saw the window, he crawled towards the next table.

Maisie still inside the observation room watched the situation she breathed heavily, she shed a tear, worrying about her own safety.

The male and female deinonychuses chattered with each other as if they were planning something, Henry gasped he finally noticed how smart these creatures were, they were manipulating him, he wasn't, with determination he decided to break through the window but the raptors found him first, his stomach was cut by their sharp claws his guts fell to the ground, Maisie heard the noises, all she saw was his bloody hand touch the glass, it left a mark there Maisie screamed in fear, the two deinonychuses jumped at Henry again breaking the window this time, they were free now, free to hunt, free to live, but first, they had to finish eating what was left of Dr Wu, Maisie hugged herself crying still regretting her past decisions.

Dodgson walked around the hallways in fear, he tried to call for people but was unable for unknown causes, "Why aren't they fucking replying?" he gets out of the lab and sees nothing, "You gotta be kidding me." he had to find a vehicle by himself on the wild.