Slain Using Nightmare (Tommy Angst w/ Techno, Phil, Tubbo)

(Tubbo visits Tommy at Techno's house during exile)

(PLATONIC!!! Both Tommy and Tubbo are uncomfortable with shipping and I, as well as others, should respect this whether or not you agree or disagree. Thanks!) 

CW: Anxiety, panic attack, ptsd flashbacks

I didn't realize how quiet the world was until I left L'manburg. 

The usual hustle and bustle of the city paths was now replaced by the soft pattering of layers of snow piling on top of the slanted wood roof. The small cabin smelled faintly like old books and dust, giving it a homey, yet unfamiliar vibe. It was almost soothing if not for the silence.

As I stared up into the dark, thoughts of the past few months started cycling through my head. Fighting in the L'manburg Independence War, building the King's Court, helping Pogtopia, the Festivals... It was a lot, but through it all, Tommy was there. Tommy never gave up on me, but when he needed me most, I-

From across the room I could hear him stir. I sat up to check on him, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I propped myself up on my elbows and just watched him. What did Dream do to him? Dream said he had it taken care of, that he would watch over Tommy in exile, but looking at the beaten down, thin figure that laid there, I knew I had done wrong. I laid back down, trying to think of anything else but Tommy. My mind wandered to this or that and I started to doze off finally. 

I was with the bees in L'manburg. They flew around my head as I looked on in wonder. When I was a kid, I would sneak out of the house early in the morning to watch the bees busily work away. I always thought it was odd that they never stopped working. They always seemed to have a hive to build, or a colony to fight, or a flower to pollinate. They never stopped, but it was for the betterment of everyone else in the hive. The weakest link and all that.

The sky was perfect today. The sun directly overhead silhouetted the puffy clouds snaking beside it in the pale blue sky. The breeze was just light enough to make you feel like a feather blowing into the horizon. It was perfect here. I closed my eyes, trying to savor each moment of this perfect day. The sun, the grass, the bees, the-

*THUD*

I sat up in bed, suddenly ripped from the warm summer day. I looked around, expecting to see a fallen broom or a broken potion bottle. My eyes fell over the room and glancing at Tommy's bed, I saw that he was no longer there. I stood up and walked timidly over there, scared of what I might see. 

"Tommy?" He sat in the corner, breathing heavily. His eyes scanned the room with panic, but he couldn't seem to focus on me. I felt an uneasiness build up in my throat. "Tommy are you okay?" I tried again, coming to his level. Reaching out my hand, I touched his leg. He jolted back and hugged the wall tightly, almost clawing at it to let him escape. He was whispering something, but I couldn't make it out. He looked so terrified and helpless there, completely alone no matter if I was there or not. Beginning to panic myself, I continued to try talking him out of whatever state he's in.

"Tommy, I'm here, it's okay," I tried to touch him again but was stopped by Techno appearing behind me. He pushed past me and knelt down.

"Tommy, hey- hey, it's okay. Deep breaths, deep breaths." The panic in Tommy eyes started to fade as his breathing slowed and was replaced by sadness and fear as he curled into a ball, sobbing. I didn't understand what was happening, he was safe, he knew that. "Techno, what-" I started.

"Not now, Tubbo." He wrapped Tommy up in his cloak and sat with him, repeating "You're okay, Theseus, you're home" over and over. I tried to come closer, to maybe help, but was stopped again, this time by a somber looking Phil. He smiled softly at me as he went to sit next to Tommy. The whispering was much louder now, enough that I could make it out now. A pit formed in my stomach.

"I'm- I- I'm s-sorry D-Dream... Pl-please don't... please.." I stumbled back, realizing the weight of his words. Dream did bad things to Tommy, that I knew, but beating Tommy up a bit wouldn't cause this. What did I do? Why did I let him go? Why didn't I visit? My vision blurred and I thought I would pass out but instead realized I had started crying. I tried to wipe it away, after all, I wasn't the one that needed attention right now, but the tears wouldn't stop. I sat on the floor a bit away from Tommy and waited, helpless. Phil seemed to have gotten Tommy's attention now and was trying to show him he was okay. 

I brought my knees to my chest and tried to hide the tears. It was my fault, I couldn't play the victim. I brought my gaze back to Tommy and saw that he had noticed me in front of him. He was so hurt and scared, it made me panic. I smiled through the tears, trying to hide the guilt. He watched my face closely, almost confused. 

"T-Tubbo?" he whispered. I smiled. 

"Hey, Tommy." I spoke softly, my words becoming caught in my throat. He reached out with his hand, beckoning me to get closer. I hesitantly stood up, looking at Phil and Techno for permission. They back up a bit, giving us room. I knelt down and studied him. His breathing had slowed more, but it was still fast and painful sounding. His eyes were panicked and scared, but locked onto mine, they stalled, looking for something to latch onto. Seeing him like this scared me. His usual, brave, happy self disappeared in this moment, and I didn't know if it was ever coming back. This thought brought the tears welling back up in my eyes.

I broke his gaze, embarrassed I let myself cry. I brought my hand up to my face, and suddenly the force of a train hit me as Tommy grabbed onto me. I fell back a bit, having not expected it. Feeling the familiar tight embrace, I realized just how long it had been since I had been hugged. A real hug. From a real friend. The tears poured out of both our eyes now as we hung in the silence of night, blocking out everyone and everything that wasn't us.

We stayed like that until the sun came through the windows, blinding our sensitive eyes. Tommy pulled back first, chuckling. I giggled, "What're you on about?" He smiled, looking away. 

"I just really missed you, man."