Chills (Tommy and Tubbo Fluff)

CW: Mentions of panic attacks, cold/flu symptoms

Note: This is completely platonic! Tommy and Tubbo are uncomfortable with any shipping or nsfw content including them. I, as well as others, should respect this fully no matter if you agree or disagree. Thanks for understanding! :)

"Holy shit, that came out of nowhere!" Tommy remarked, shaking the soaked jacket he was wearing. I laughed, taking off my equally wet sweatshirt. Outside, the rain hammered down onto the roof of my house in Snowchester. It rarely rained here, the closest being the time it sleeted and made the paths all icy. It was summer now, though, and although it still got cold, the weather has a bit more variety now. It was fun to watch from inside, but getting caught by a thunderstorm in the middle of a walk was definitely not preferable. 

I took off my waterlogged boots and socks, annoyed that they would probably still be wet in the morning. Once I confirmed that I had taken off any wet clothing, I knelt next to Tommy who was struggling to make the fire with his chilled, shaking hands. I chuckled and took the flint and steel from him, lighting the fire after a few small sparks. I leaned over the flame cautiously, trying to seep the cold from my bones. Glancing behind me, I beckoned Tommy to join me. He plopped down next to me and raised his hands up to the heat. He was shivering still, but he was never good with cold weather.

"I can practically hear your skeleton rattling with all that shaking you're doing." I joked. 

"Oh, shut up, Tubbo. I know you're cold too, asshole." He said elbowing me, causing me to chuckle. Once I had warmed up enough, I worked up enough will to leave the fire side to make something warm for us to eat. I settled on bread, since I didn't have much else at that moment. I placed it in the oven and set the timer. It was then I realized that Tommy had been really quiet. Usually he would be jumping all over the place and making weird food requests, but instead he was still sat at the fire, still shaking. Something was off...

"Tommy, are you okay?" He stayed in place, mesmerized by the flames. I put a hand on his shoulder, "Tommy?" He jumped a bit turning to me. 

"Oh, sorry... um... what were you saying?" He seemed distracted and really tired.

"I was just asking if you were alright, you've been sitting here awhile now," I spoke softly, concerned I would make whatever was happening worse. He rubbed his eyes and coughed. 

"Um, I think I'm okay? I just feel really off I guess." 

"Is it a panic attack? I can help if it is." Tommy shook his head, "No- no, its not that, it's probably just a cold or something, it's fine." I pushed his hair away from his head and felt his forehead. It was pretty hot. He playfully pushed me away

"You got a fever, mate." I said with a small, comforting smile. "Fuck!" He groaned and laid back, "No wonder I feel like absolute shit." I giggled, trying to hide it. "Let's get you to a bed. I'm assuming the floor isn't very comfortable." He nodded sleepily, not fighting against me as I helped him up and off the floor. I brought him into the spare room downstairs and made sure he was comfortable. Tommy was still shaking, but he said he was okay, so I let it go for now. We said our good-nights, and I went upstairs to pull the bread from the oven. It was raisin bread, my favorite, and Tommy's second favorite only to chocolate chip bread.

I cut a slice or two for myself and sat near the fire, watching the rain out the window. Although snow was my favorite, rain did bring a sort of chaotic calm that was a nice change. It was much angrier than snow, but it also made beautiful patterns that trailed down the window. It reminded me quite a bit of Wilbur. Such a calm exterior that made you feel safe and protected, but if you look past the glass, pure chaos and confusion reigned. This thought surprised me, as I hadn't thought of Wilbur for quite a while now. Ghostbur disappeared ages ago, and Wilbur... I mean he died so long ago. Not liking where the train of thought was going, I got up from the floor and headed to the kitchen.