Chapter Two

The sound of footsteps echoed through the hallway. Closing time was always quiet, other than the sound of sweeping brooms and the occasional chair being pushed in. Every restaurant was different, despite having similar themes. This one was bigger, with more rooms and more performers. Childrens’ drawings lined the walls as well as posters. The posters swayed with the air seeping from the wide vents, having the performers’ smiling faces plastered on their fronts with the words “Rock! Eat! Party! Play!”.

“I still wish they got a better picture from me for this one.” Toy Freddy sighed, placing a piece of tape to secure the bottom corner of a poster back to the wall. He was above average height, his light brown hair falling onto his freckled face. He turned around. The restaurant was empty, save for the performers themselves, doing the evening cleaning before going off to have free time.

“At least you got a picture in the first place,” Balloon Boy mumbled, setting the broom against the wall. “JJ, Mari, and I didn’t get anything!” He fidgeted with his hoodie strings. “It’d be nice to be appreciated sometimes. At least Mari gets to do more than hand out balloons. JJ and I just go forgotten!” 

    “Bb. You’re ranting again.” JJ spoke up from around the corner. Her dark eyes peeked from behind the wall.

“Right,” He groaned, crossing his arms. “We’re extras.”

    “BB.”

“Fine, I’ll shut up.” He walked off.

    “Don’t feel bad,” JJ said, joining BB in his walk down the corridor. “It’s not like people don’t like us.”

"A group of teens tried to beat me up! Why in the seven seas are you complaining? You don't have to constantly come up with stories about pirating and then calm kids down three minutes later, telling them that piracy is bad!" Mangle turned the corner from kids cove, stopping the two.

"Aw, but Mango you come up with the best stories!" Toy chica shouted from across the room. Mangle turned to look at her, hands on their hips.

"You need to stop getting distracted." They chuckled.

            After hours wasn't always the quietest. There could almost always be heard laughter or yelling, whether that be good or bad. It still wasn't as chaotic as the bustling restaurant during working hours.

           Marionette sighed, placing the last plush on a prize corner shelf. How the kids kept knocking them down was still a mystery to her, but she didn't really mind. She had more trouble keeping the peace between BB and Toy Bonnie when the pranking wars ensued. Still, she finished organizing the prize corner and headed to the left wing.

         The left wing was a hallway with bedrooms for the retired performers. The originals, if you will. Although most of the crew just referred to them as withered, as cruel as that may seem. Mari knocked on the door. A tall, tired looking, well dressed man opened the door. He looked down and smiled.

          "Oh, Mari. What brings you here?" His soft, yet deep voice spoke. He tipped his hat, adorned with goggles and small chains.

         "I was just checking up on things. Is everything alright? You seem to have been isolated." Mari spoke. Withered Freddy glanced behind her and ushered her inside the small, lobby-like room. The other Withered ones sat idle. They looked up at Freddy questioningly. He gave a small nod.

        "There have been some…apparitions. Despite me and Foxy being the only ones who suffered more severe head trauma in the incident, everyone can see it...well, them. There are two." Freddy spoke in a hushed tone, hesitation in his voice.

       "You forgot to mention a crucial detail. We all noticed." Withered Chica said, staring at the wall, seemingly fixated on nothing. Her dreads layered over, some falling in her face. Her voice was slightly muffled from the mask she wore over her nose and jaw.

        "They… look like them…" Withered Bonnie said, fidgeting with the strap on his mask. It was a blue rabbit mask with the right eye blacked out, and the left was covered with a red lens. He hesitated with each word.

        "I wouldn't worry too much. This seems to be a projection of grief. You're most likely still traumatized." Mari said softly.

       "No shit, Sherlock. I lost my hands and my eye, AND got epilepsy,Freddy went deaf, Freddy and Bonnie both lost an eye, hell, Bonnie lost his FACE, along with an arm, and chica lost most of her jaw and her arms too! Fredbear and Springbonnie died right in front of us in that explosion! And- I know the fucker that did it is still alive! He's still out there somewhere-!" Foxy ranted, angrily. Freddy shot a side glance at him, and he stopped. He grunted.

       "I'm sure these visions will go away soon," Mari said, reaching for the doorknob. "I hope…"

      a loud shout could be heard from across the building.

    "WHO THE HELL PUT PING PONG BALLS ON THE SHELF IN MY CLOSET?!" Toy Bonnie stomped out of his room with a ball in hand. He walked over to BB, caught in a fit of laughter. He threw it at his forehead and went back. Mari sighed.