A soft sight of relief

Alex's POV:

Even though I did not get the full story out of her, I was still very happy that once again I had regained all those memories in my head in regards to her.

The happiness that I once felt when playing or even talking to her years and years ago was finally coming back and I'm definitely here for it.

I'm glad things are the way they are.

For now.
I don't want it to escalate any further.

Or do I...

No no. What am I thinking.

Focus.

I was seated at my gaming chair but this time not for gaming. I was doing university work. I am a law student, after all. It was getting harder and harder to focus when I kept staring and scrolling on my phone with a single thought in my sleep deprived mind.

I had to snap out of it.
What am I thinking.
This is like puberty all over again.

I looked at the time and it was 3 in the morning. Finally I snapped out of it and headed to bed. But that was just the start.

And just like that, days had passed I have missed my second university exam. I was streaming when it finally hit me. I honestly didn't know what to do at this point except to just mindlessly wonder how my future is going to turn out.

————————————————————————
Y/N >
iMessage
Today at 8:30 PM

Bro there's no way you've just missed your 2nd exam wtf

any askers🙏

Think about your future

Take a break or something, you need it

Sorry to barge in to your personal life like that but bruh

ur right I probably should've a
long time ago

Gonna go take a break and sleep for another day 👍 

Didn't ask now go do ur schoolwork por favor👍🤌

Delivered 
——————————————————————

She's right. That's it, I'm going to focus.

Right after I get something to eat though.

———

Y/N's POV:

//TW: Alcohol//

I put my phone down with a sigh, already knowing what's ahead of me.

I got out of the car, and slowly walked over to the front of the sketchy looking building. I knew that Jinnie loved to goof around a lot, and as much as I absolutely hated it, I was hoping that this is just one of those instances. I was just hoping that she was alright and this was planned.

As I slowly opened the hard metal door that was suppose to be sound proof, I peaked my head in just to be met with the smell of intoxicated university students, loud upbeat music and  flashing lights that were enough to make me want to just run out of here and drive home.

But I had to push myself.

I need to find Jinnie.

I tip toed inside and quietly shut the door while trying not to bring me any sort of unnecessary attention while scanning the room when someone quickly caught my eye.

It was no one other than Jinnie and a bunch of her friends who I didn't recognize at all.

She quickly noticed me and did a sloppy wave beckoning me to come over.

I was furious.

I was just ready to snap and yell at her and her irresponsibility in the exact moment our eyes met.

Yet again, I had to contain myself not to bring any attention to what was going on, unaware of what was about to happen.

I quietly stomped over to the counter to see her and her "welcoming" group of "friends" who she probably just met a few seconds ago, judging you her nature.

Why I say "welcoming" is because they were clearly not on their first shot of straight vodka and were visibly drunk.

I tried whispering while still showing signs of my rage through my visibly shaky voice.

"Jinnie what the hell, I was so worried about you and you're just sitting here while I literally having a panic atta-"

I was interrupted by her and her wonky group of companions loud laughter.

That's it. I wasn't having any of this.

I grabbed her by the arm and started to drag her away when she pushed me, making me trip over the lying shot glasses and eventually fail to regain my balance mid way, falling onto someone who eventually landed on the cheap plastic table with the classic red plastic cups with concerning amounts of vodka in them.

It was a mess. Plastic everywhere, along with the beverages.

Suddenly the whole crowd turned onto me, in complete silence.

At first, I looked at Jinnie while realizing what we have done expecting her to do something.

I honestly don't even know what I was expecting. The stupid grin on her face completely wiped out while she stared at me with big eyes.

That's how I knew I messed up big time.

My ears started ringing when I saw someone scream right beside me in pain while everyone either started to get the hell out of here which were mostly a bunch of high school students who weren't even allowed to be here in the first place or rush to the scene and brush beside me to help the other person up.

Jinnie quickly took my hand and we scurried outside with tears swelling in my eyes while I covered my face with my sleeves.

"JINNIE WHAT WAS THAT FOR"

I finally burst as we sat in the back of my car.

"L-Look I'm sorry I didn't know"

I couldn't get a word out of myself because I was sobbing at this point so we just drove in complete silence.

*Ding!*
I felt a soft sight of relief on my face when I knew who it was from.