Chapter Three: UA's First day

For the second time, the morning was bright and the sound of water flowing filled the air. I soar through the house with my hands out like a plane, holding my teddy-bear in my left hand. I imagined myself flying above the clouds. When I imagined things, I got lost in the moment.

Turning the corner, I ran into something, knocking to my feet and landing on my backside. I shook it off and looked up. It was father, he stared down at me with angry eyes that were filled with rage.

"If you don't stop running through the house. I'm gonna have to start punishing you like I do to Toya." My father said, picking me up and dragging me across the cold wood floor, and putting me in my room. After father closed the door I curled into a ball, cuddling my teddy bear and squeezing it tight.

I felt the soft touch of Toyas hand on my back. The hand rubbed my back as I sat there, still, not saying a single word. After sitting there for quite some time, I lifted my head up seeing Toya squatted down next to me. With his soft smile and his fluffy, messy red hair.

"Come on Emi, how about we go to the park?" He stood up grabbing his book bag and a pair of his shoes. I loved the park, I was so happy brother Toya was taking me there. He always knew how to cheer me up.

I grabbed my favorite pair of shoes which matched my brothers. They were black vans that had white seams. I also grabbed a coat, just in case. I held Toya's hand while we walked out the door. The moment I stepped outside, the sun immediately blinded my sight of view. There was a faint breeze in the air, it was that good kind of cold on a sunny day.

I turned to Toya putting my arms in the air and opening and closing my fist to cue him to let me ride on his shoulders. He picked me up, lifting me over his shoulders. Up here I felt like I was at the top of the world. The air was warmer up here and I could see everything from a block away. My head laid against his as I looked at the trees and sky, trying to avoid the sun getting in my eyes...

* * *

Slowly opening my eyes, they widened. I fell asleep...In the tub!? You've got to be kidding me. I quickly got out of the cold water that was filled with sinked lavender.

Rushing I grabbed my towel wrapping it around my body. I emptied the tub and walked out the door to my room. By the time I got close to my door, a voice from behind me was speaking.

"Emi, is that you? What are you doing taking a shower at 6:30? We are gonna be late on our first day." I turned to see Shoto wearing his uniform already and a piece of toast in hand.

"Yah, well... I kinda fell asleep in the tub last night. I'll get ready as fast as I can. Wait for me outside if you have to!" I said closing my door shut. I dug through the bag I was given at the entrance exam. Looking and looking I found it, the school uniform. I let out a sigh in relief and got dressed. I grabbed a hoodie and put the hood over my head covering a quarter of my face.

I wasn't much into makeup, I personally didn't care what I looked like. As long as my hair was brushed. I didn't have time to style it so I just threw it in a messy bun. I grabbed my book bag and ran out the door.

The moment I took a step outside, there Shoto was waiting for me at the gate. Before getting close to him I grabbed my earbuds and played music off my phone. I listened to lofi beats, their soft beats with different styles to listen to. They have different beats for when you're: Working out, studying, reading, sleeping and more. Since we were walking to school, I listened to the more 'upbeat' type that way the drum beats would knock out the sound of what's around me.

Ever since we were kids, Shoto and I rarely talked while we walked to school. Which was why I put headphones in. I heard him mumble something, but I ignored it and kept walking, staring at the ground.