Chapter Seven: Heros and Villains

It's been 3 weeks and Bakugou hasn't come back to school yet. It was odd, as stubborn as he was, he never skipped this many days.

Turns out Mr. Aizawa figured out what my power was. It's the ability to control and manipulate lightning. Since I can't control it very well, Aizawa has been training me every day. I'm getting used to it but it's weird. A kid's power should coordinate with their parents, yet mine made no sense.

Today was different from others, Shoto has been leaving earlier in the mornings but gets to school after me. He doesn't have a girlfriend, I know that much. Yet today he woke up at the same time as me.
"Are you not leaving early today?" I said as I took a bite from my cereal.
"No, there isn't any need for me to go anymore." He was always so emotionless in the morning, I could never read him.
I let out a loud laugh. "Did you and your girlfriend break up?" I said jokingly.
"I don't have a girlfriend, just business I had to deal with." I didn't even get a reaction out of him. Lame... "We have to get going now Emi, let's head out."

Our walk today was different, we made conversation.

When I wasn't doing training or studying, I was searching for anyone named Toya. I even had more memories that might help me find him.
"So how is finding your childhood friend going?" I haven't told him he could be our brother yet, so I just went with the childhood friend idea.
"Haven't found anything yet. I don't have pictures so I can't ask around either." I started kicking rocks around below my feet. "But... I might go through dads files on the computer while he's at his meeting tonight."
"Emi...are you crazy? If dad finds out you were in his office I won't be able to take the beating this time. You know this." He grabbed my hand, stopping me in my tracks. "Ever since you got this power, you've been reckless. You need to slow down a little more. Okay?"
I lowered my head, my hair shadowing my face. "You wouldn't understand Shoto."

Today All Might was teaching my class. Bakugou was back as well.

As he walked into the door, I walked over to him. "Hey, good morning. How are you?"
He just walked passed me as if I didn't even exist. That was odd?

"Okay everyone, go put on your hero suits you made at the beginning of the year and head out to the training grounds." All might said, with the biggest smile on his face. Ear to ear. I completely forgot about the hero costumes we designed before entering the school. I didn't put much effort into mine since I didn't know I had power. Yet, now that I think about it, the costume does fit my quirk.

Everyone got dressed in the locker rooms. All the girls' costumes were actually really cool. Momo had a power to create things from her body as long as she knew how it worked. So, she wore a bodysuit, very revealing, but it matched how her power works. Uraraka has a gravity power. Her costume had a helmet covering her eyes and then a tight pink and grey bodysuit.

My hero costume was more breathable, less tight then the other girls. Underneath the costume I wore a black tank top, tight around my waist and spandex shorts. On top of the two held a pair of baggy black cargo pants. With a baggy black jacket with it tighter down near the waist. It was comfy and lightweight.

Everyone stood outside, bundled together like a herd of sheep. Waiting for All Mights instructions.
"Now it's time for combat training!" All Might said with that big smile of his. "For this class, you'll be split into villains and heroes and fight 3-on-3 battles."
"Without any basic training?" a girl asked from the front.
"The situation is that the villains had hidden a nuclear weapon inside their hideout. The hero's will try to dispose of that. The hero's need to catch the villains or get to the nuclear weapon back in the allotted time. Teams and opponents will be determined by drawing lots!" All Might held up a box with all of our names inside.