{1} Premonition

───┈┈┈┄┄╌╌╌╌┄┄┈┈┈────

"We can't stay here for too long."

"There is someone coming for the group; not all of us will survive."

"We need to split up for the time being."

"Let's get going before they get to us!"

What is happening? Am I really going to have to run away again?

I sigh, "Does that mean I'll go by myself again?"

They all peered at me from their little huddled group.

"You guessed it."

"You go first."

I stared a bit longer to see if they'd change their mind.

They just shooed me away. I stood up from the little stool and stomped out of the tent.

What do I care? Might as well just get on with it.

I got my bag, I already packed beforehand; knowing I'd be the first to get kicked off this gang.

If that's what you call it?

I sling my bag onto my shoulder, making sure I wasn't forgetting anything.

"RUN! HE'S HERE!"

At that moment, the night sky had turned red. I looked up to the moon that shined only red light. I sprinted into the brush; not taking a glance behind me. I continued to run till my legs could no longer listen to me.

I'm too tired.

I slouch down and find a random tree to lean on. I tried to slow my breathing as best as I could. The low hum of the wind brought me back from my breathing exercises.

I need to run.

I stand up and now realize I am face to face with an upside-down man.

"Why hello there," he smirked at me. I stared at him wide-eyed for a few seconds. Then I took off running in a random direction, but somehow he ended up in front of me.

"I let you run away for long enough," His hand reached for my face.

Before I could react I let instinct take its place. I don't usually use these demonic powers because of how everyone reacts to them, but it's my only chance to survive.