{2} A Wager

───┈┈┈┄┄╌╌╌╌┄┄┈┈┈────

"So, um,"

"Yes?"

"Why are you staring at me?" I clutched the skull that I grabbed from one of the many piles to examine.

He smirked, "Aren't you attentive."

I peeped over to him, "I have to be with you."

He let out a snort, "Wise choice."

He leaned back into his throne of bones and shut his eyes, "You'll never know what I'll end up doing."

I placed the skull back in its pile.

"What do you mean?"

He opened one of his eyes or well two of the eyes from the same side of his face.

Being around Sukuna this long, I got to take in his appearance and engraved it into my head.

A man with black markings on his face and body. Four eyes, two normal ones, and two smaller ones under the two normal eyes.

He closed back his eyes, "I can be very hostile at times. Sometimes not under my control."

The corner of his lips turned into a smug smile, "I might end up attacking you out of nowhere, despite promising I wouldn't."

He opens all of his eyes, holding eye contact with me. Making a chill run down my spine.

"Ah, I see." I tear my eyes away from the scary man or whatever he was.

"Let's make a wager."

I looked back at him, and he was standing right in front of me.

I stumbled back, how'd he get here so fast?!

"A what?!"

"A wager."

I stared at him dumbfounded, "Why?"

He folds his arms behind his back, "No reason. I've just been bored out of my mind, not being able to make any kind of move with those jujutsu sorcerers breathing down my neck." He grits his teeth, while I'm left completely in the dark about everything he was talking about.

"Uh, I don't know what you're talking about?"

He looked at me confused, "How? Everyone knows who they are by now."