26|kenny the ripper

"This is hurting my eyes, goddamnit." Alyssa whimpered as Levi assisted her on wearing the contacts she had before when she was a kid. She needed to use it again now that they're at Trost District, it was going to be an easy roll but her eyes were going to capture the enemy. "Fucking hell, I never thought I'll wear this stupid thing again."

"Stop crying, love." Levi said with a stern face, brushing the tears that fell down her eye. She didn't mean to cry that bad, the contacts just simply made her cry. The back of his hand brushed against under her eye softly, he wiped it off to his cloak. Levi was gripping her chin upwards a little, while Alyssa put the contacts on.

Alyssa succeeded. She slowly blinked adjusting to the contacts. Her gray and brown eyes had turned to both gray eyes. She looked around with it, she glanced at Levi whose brows were furrowed. He didn't like it, he didn't like it all. She knew that look so she turned to the others who were watching.

"Well, what do you guys think?" She asked them.

"You look different."

"It feels weird."

"It's like you look more innocent." Jean commented. Alyssa was amused of his comment about it. She remembered how kids in her age before just called her a monster because she had unique eyes, and when she wore contacts they loved her, loved her money.

"Who are you?" Sasha gasped. Alyssa let out a disappointed sigh and laughed it out. "Really? Who is she?" She repeated dumbfounded. Connie just whispered something in her ear, Alyssa noticed the relationship between the two. "Ohh, sorry Vice-Captain." Sasha muttered in embarrassment.

"It's fine." She said waving a hand, "we need to get going." She ordered and they all fixed themselves. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Alyssa's brows furrowed when she looked at Levi, his expression was troubled and confused.

"Don't ever wear that again." He said in disgust, his eyes looking down at her at least and Alyssa chuckled and did not show irritation how he looked down at her, she hates men that look down on her. "You look horrible. I know it's just an eye color but your eyes are what makes you unique from everybody else." He continued, everything was just a mutter so the kids wouldn't hear, and Alyssa did not reply as she did not know what to say, she knew it was a compliment in his way but she couldn't open her mouth to say anything. Levi glanced at her through his shoulder, the corner of his lips turning into a smirk.

"Don't lag behind, Vice-Captain."

-

"Try not to walk in a cluster. We'll stand out." Levi said walking ahead of them. Alyssa sighed, running a hand through her now short hair that was cut by her man, Levi. He cut it precisely, the way she wanted. It was easier for having short hair to move in battle. "Eren and Historia, walk normal." He says. Alyssa glanced back and made faces to Jean who was acting as Eren again.

Jean just rolled his eyes and averted his gaze elsewhere. The new Levi squad noticed something, the Captain and the Vice-Captain were different from each other at some point, but Eren had warned all of them to watch out for themselves when the both of them are acting the same way.

"Why is the royal family's flag hanging anywhere?" Connie asked, looking around.

"Oh! Today must be the anniversary of the king's coronation." Sasha replied at Connie's question. Alyssa's eyebrows rose in amusement that Sasha did not answer it with a dumb answer, she knew that the girl wasn't dumb, but sometimes the girl couldn't read the room.

A useless king at that. Alyssa thought bitterly.

"Once a year they hand out a haul of rations." Sasha continued.