Story themes

Your story needs a theme. It is the most important thing in your story. Because it decides what the story is about, what the conflict is and what the outcome is (depending on your philosophie). Is your story about a man fighting his inner demons? Is your story about a child in danger hopelessly trying to be heard? Your theme, is your story. I will name some themes you can use and I will explore them in greater depth in another chapter. I will start with the six most common one's but a sequel to this chapter is coming:

•Good vs Bad (Common, good at attracting large audiences. Spice it up with some grey morality).

•Love (Common, good with creating conflict. Spice it up by using a more mature understanding of love rather than the cliché romcom).

•Redemption (Common, good exploring why people commit evil actions. Spice it up by creating conflict between antagonist and protagonist by making only one of them understand the evils of their ways).

•Courage and Perseverance (Common, good at making uplifting and heartmeltig endings. Spice it up by making the character an interesting person rather than a selfless people-saving machine).

•Becoming of age (Common, good at creating nostalgia. No need to spice it up, just use a dog and do something tragic with them).

•Revenge (Common, good at creating cathartic moments. Spice it up by showing the deviation left by the loss and the emptiness left by the revenge one's the character understands their loved one is not coming back).

For more insight on those themes check out the: Complete Guide To Literally Themes by MasterClass you can find it on the internet.