f o u r

***

"Alright class, open page 26." The teacher said to the whole class. They all flipped the pages easily while (Y/n) helped Si Cheng with his book quietly, making sure that no one notices it before handing the book back to Si Cheng. 

"Thanks a lot." Si Cheng whispered as (Y/n) did a 'thumbs up' while smiling before opening her book as well. Luckily, nobody at class noticed the kind gesture and continued the class just like how they usually do. 

"By the way...how do you usually study if you don't have any notes?" (Y/n) asked quietly. Si Cheng reached out to his uniform pocket and took out a small recorder that he has been keeping the entire time. "Everything taught by the teacher is stored in this recording. The book is just for a disguise. Sure, it wasted a lot of money but, it's a way to live normally." Si Cheng explained before finally putting the recorder back to his pocket, hiding it away from the class.

"Then, do you understand the lessons?" 

"Not really."

"Do you want me to teach you some other time?" (Y/n) offered. Si Cheng hesitated to answer but he nodded and smiled thankfully. 

'She's someone I can trust.' He thought. He was glad that he found someone that he can trust and rely on even at the first day of school. It has always been hard for him to make friends even before he lost his vision because he always had a hard time trusting people.

But, somehow, his heart and mind told him that (Y/n) is someone that he can trust whether as someone who can keep his secret, or even as his friend.

***

"HEYY DEAR JIE JIE ! ICH BIN HENDRRARYY!" a loud voice was heard from the door making Si Cheng flinch. "Guanheng-oh my lord, I don't know him." (Y/n) sighed. "Is he always that loud?" Si Cheng asked quietly. "The whole school knows he's this loud." (Y/n) chuckled.

"Where did you get 'Hendrrrary' from?" (Y/n) asked Guanheng who was giggling. "Someone mistook me as 'Hendery' when playing basketball earlier and he said that he got my name mixed up with his dog's name." Guanheng laughed making (Y/n) laugh as well while Si Cheng giggled silently.

"Let's go get our chicken nuggies now !" Guanheng said while putting his arm around (Y/n)'s shoulder playfully. "Oh, Si Cheng ge, you can join us too!" Guanheng offered. "No thanks, maybe next time." Si Cheng smiled.

"Oh c'mon, it's my treat." Guanheng chuckled but Si Cheng still shook his head no and smiled thankfully. "Then, should we all at least walk to the school gates?" (Y/n) asked. The three of them nodded and walked together with Guanheng's endless chat.

"I'll walk home now." Si Cheng said as the other two nodded and waved goodbye. 

"Si Cheng !"

"Yeah?"

"Be careful." (Y/n) smiled as Si Cheng nodded and waved his good bye. "Hohoho~is my jie jie finally getting herself a boyfriend?" Guanheng nudged the girl. "Uh, no? Who would be my boyfriend?" 

"Gosh jie, you're so clueless." Guanheng laughed it off making her senior even more confused. It's no surprise that the girl is 100% clueless about love and relationship. Even though she has the looks, all she does is study and study making her very knowledgable when it comes to school, but stupid when it comes to love.

Even if someone did confess, she would either reject them or Guanheng will overreact while saying 'you better back off, my jiejie has a scary older brother' while laughing, scaring the person away. Well, he wasn't lying, (Y/n) does have an older brother. But, without the scary part.

"By the way, when do you think your brother is coming back home? He's studying overseas right?" Guanheng asked while (Y/n) nodded. "Actually, I haven't heard about him from yesterday. I guess he's busy with his college. I'm sure he'll notify me once he comes ba—"

"Jie ! look out !" Guanheng said pulling (Y/n) away from the road as a car suddenly pulled up in front of them. "Have you lost your mind? You almost hit a person, damn it !" Guanheng yelled while banging onto the car's window. 

The car engine was turned off which means that whoever driving was coming out. It was a man on his twenties, wearing a nice outfit and what looks like an expensive sunglasses. The two of them was stunned for a moment until, the person took off his sunglasses, showing an angelic smile. 

"Hey, (Y/n) and Guanheng, do you guys miss me?"

"Kun...ge?"