Reminiscing the Rainy Day

"Hey, Xavier?"

It was raining.

'Why does bad things often happen when its raining?'

His eyes stared at the dark sky that is pouring the water heavily without any mercy on them. There were cries and screams ringing behind him. He couldn't do anything. He was tied. He wanted to slaughter each and everyone of the maniacs. The sounds of swords slashing, blood splashed around along with puddles of dirt and the sound of laughing keep continuing as he kneeled with the other victims. 'I had enough of this--' He thought of going to another place, where there's no such thing as barbarians or pirates. Or...he might become the villain himself to prevent it from happening to him and his love ones. He turned to his side and smirked.

"Hey, chéri." Xavier called on the dark copper haired person that was laying on the ground beside him. The person turned their head to look at Xavier with their half-closed eyes. There's bloodstains and bruises all over theirs face. His situation as the same as Xavier, tied up and beat up. They looked at Xavier, smiling with all their might.

"I-I told you to s-stop calling me t-that," they playfully scoffed under his shaky breath. Xavier just chuckle at his partner. He's always flirting and by this moment, his partner's already used to it. "Can't I be loving with my own partner?" Xavier joked. It's not exactly a joke.

"May I-(cough) confess t-to you ab-bout something, Xaves?" The person asked softly while his eyes are not focusing.

They were coughing up blood out of their mouth due to be stabbed by a one of the maniacs. They're dying, Xavier knows about it. He hummed and stared into their terrible looking golden eyes. The one that used to gimmer under the hot sun, that always squinted when they get irritated by Xavier's awful puns or flirts. Their breathing was irregular, as they take notice of Xavier's hum. They couldn't tell Xavier by words.

So they kissed him with who knows how much strength they kept for it, that only lasted for a good thirty seconds. Xavier was filled with mixed feelings. He couldn't tell his own feelings. He can only remember the taste of blood and salty tears that came from his partner. It was blissful yet very sinful.

'The moment isn't right. Not right now.' He whispered at his own pained heart. The kiss broke off, the dark-copper hair person whispered something that make his heart shattered on the floor before falling back on the ground.

"I-Please remember, i-it's not your fault, none of it..." They took a last look into his gassur eyes and falls on the ground, letting their last breath out smiling to him, their right hand on their wounded stomach that is still bleeding. They mouthed something to him with their last life force. Their eyes slowly fluttered close by seconds.

Xavier stared at the lifeless figure beside him. That time he was starting to lose everything, his only friend, best friend, his favorite person, someone special to him. Blood of the only person who appreciated him at this place, that no one can call home spilling, coloring the dirty earth.

The rain was pouring heavier as if he knew that below, there's a fellow that in need of comforts. From the kneeling, his eyes get blurry by his own tears invading his vision. His mind went blank from being overloaded with too much things happening around him. Then, out of the blue, a huge pair of torn out boots came in front of Xavier, standing right beside the lifeless body. He pushed it using his dirty, muddy boots to check if they're still alive, which they weren't.

"Huh, what do we 'ave 'ere-- Oh! The stubborn 'ead fell first 'eh? 't'was 'unexpected--"

The rumbling voice stopped abruptly as he crouched to have a look at the raging immortal below him. His head is burning, alright. His eyes were still fixated on the corpse. The huge man looks at Xavier and at the still bleeding body. As if he understand the look that Xavier gave, he grinned. A Cheshire cat grin. It made Xavier's blood boil. "What is this?" The huge man asked as he start to inspect Xavier and lifted his chin by grabbing on his jaw roughly to make the raging young man look into his eye. There was agony and anger burning inside of him. He want to destroy everything as they destroy his everything. Xavier was breathing heavily. He put on a scowl and spit on the barbarian. The man just flinched and wiped it off his face easily but then his face went purple. He roughly throw Xavier onto the ground and punched him right in the nose. There's a crack coming from it. Xavier just assumed that it broke. Painful but couldn't beat his shattered heart.