Prologue

"You should've been the one who died."

My lips parted. I cannot believe I just heard my mother say that. I glanced at my father but he wasn't doing anything. He's not even looking at me. 

Ate Vienna is glaring at me while caressing Mom's back. 

"W-What did I do to deserve this kind of treatment from you?" I faintly asked, trying to hold back my tears. 

"Get her out of here." 

I licked my dry lips at what Dad said. The maids dragged me out of the study but I fought back. I want to hear the reason. 

"I want to know why you're doing this!" I ran to my Mom and held her but Ate Vienna pushed me causing me to fall. I felt my tears strimming down my face. I cannot believe this is happening. My family...doing this to me.

"Get her out of here or you're all fired." 

I closed my eyes, feeling exhausted. When will this end? When will this pain end? The maids were pulling me up and I don't have the strength to fight back anymore. Nakakapagod...

"I'm not just some girl, Dad. I'm your daughter-"

"Shut up! You are not my daughter so don't ever call me your Dad. It's disgusting." 

I chuckled. Then the chuckles turned into laughter. I feel like a madwoman. I'm laughing and I'm crying at the same time. 

"Ang sakit mo naman magsalita..." 

"Get out!" 

"Dad!" I screamed which shocked them. 

"All my life, I followed every word from you all. I did not complain. I endured all the pain it caused me. Because you are my family...I just want to know why. At least let me know...After that...I'll leave peacefully. I'll disappear..." I said and wiped my tears. I stood up straight and composed myself waiting for an answer.

Ate Vienna went to me and I was shocked that she slapped me. So hard. I held my cheeks and looked at her unbelievingly. But instead, the fury in her eyes shocked me.

"You don't know how much I despise the fact that I'm living under the same roof as the person who killed my sister. I endure every moment...every time I see you! It is awful...and I hate my own mother for giving birth to two the same faces!"

I was so confused I didn't even know what to say. Mom is crying at the back and Dad is trying to pull Ate Vienna away from me. She was so mad, she was turning red. She pointed her finger at me.

"You killed your own twin, Lana! Every single person in this household is missing her every single day! But you chose to forget her because that's what you are! I hate you! I hate you so much! Mamatay ka na!" 

"I...have a twin sister?"