Chapter 2

"Get ready for the Kingdom!"

Para akong mabibingi sa ingay ng mga nagsisigawang supporters ng dance group na 'Kingdom'. It's a dance group from our university. Torri and Stormi were nowhere to be found. Maaga silang dumating sa school at ako naman, I woke up late so I arrived late. 

I don't like crowds and noises but I have no choice dahil may attendance checking. Everyone cheered loudly when the group finished their dance. We were inside the gymnasium and all of them were standing except for me who remained seated. Ni hindi ko nga napanood and dance routine ng nag-perform.

Classmates ko ang mga katabi ko but we're not close kaya tahimik lang ako. I can't even get out of here dahil may mga CAT officers na nagbabantay sa entrance and exit. 

"Now, we have a surprise for you!" The MC announced. Everyone shouted, excitement was written all over their faces. 

"Let's give it up for the one and only, Vienna!" Everybody screamed at the top of their lungs while I was there, frozen and in awe. I slowly stood up and then I saw my sister walking out the black curtains, greeting everyone with her sweet smile and elegant wave.

How come I didn't know she was coming here? Right, she doesn't tell me things. I clapped my hands with everyone when she adjusted her microphone. 

Well, she's talented. She can act, sing, and dance. She's just talented and can do a lot of things. And I can see that everyone here loves her. 

They were raising their hands up in the air waving while she was singing. 

I smiled tightly.

After her performance, the MC announced that the program was over and everyone was allowed to go out. I sat down and patiently waited for the crowd to calm down before standing up. I saw my sister with her PA and manager, probably going out of the gym to go to her next schedule. 

Dali-dali akong bumaba ng stairs papunta sa backstage din dahil may exit naman do'n. Gladly, naabutan ko pa siya. Papasok pa lang siya ng van so I called her.

"Ate," 

She turned to me abruptly with very sharp eyes. She looks so mad and I don't know why. 

"Why are you here?!" She snapped at me and pulled me to the wall sa likod ng gym. 

"I...I just want to greet you," I softly said. She was holding me tight I could feel her long, sharp nails on my skin.

"You don't get to greet me! At least not in public! What if someone will see us here?"

I couldn't move, still surprised by how she's acting right now. Na parang pinaparamdam niya talaga sa akin na hindi niya ako tanggap bilang kapatid niya. Ikinakahiya niya ba talaga na makikita kami ng mga tao? 

I nodded. 

"I'm sorry I didn't think of that," I said.

"Get out of my face right now before someone will really see us and take a picture," she said in gritted teeth before walking out. Sinundan ko siya ng tingin hanggang sa pagpasok niya ng van at ang pag-alis nila.

I looked at my arm. I have a small scratch and it stings a bit but it's fine. I sighed and tried to smile. For years, all I remember was I am always trying my best to have a conversation with her. You know, without the harsh words and the shouting. I just want to be her sister...for once.

Naglakad ako paalis and I jumped when I saw Kyro leaning on a tree just in front of the wall, where me and my sister had been earlier. 

"K-Kanina ka pa?" I nervously asked. He didn't even bother to look up but I know he heard me or he heard us! Ang lapit lang ng distance ng puno sa pinanggalingan ko.