2 months later

Molly

I shouldn't have gone on a bike ride, I've sprained my ankle, can you come get me?

Reading this message I couldn't help my laugh, he really didn't want to work out today but it's the Italian GP at Monza this weekend! I try to stop giggling before calling my best friend "where are you?" He huffs "near the lake" oh no "you only made it like 3 miles?" I question "yes are you in your way or not?" I stifle a chuckle before answering "yeah Lands I'm on my way now" he hangs up straight away. I'm still giggling as I walk to my car, starting the engine and driving the familiar route to the lake.

I pull up around 10 minutes later and I can't see Lando anywhere "Lands?" I shout as I climb out of the car "by the lake" he must've fallen whilst enjoying the view, this thought causes me to chuckle under my breath. This stops the second I see him "what is going on?" He grins at me from at picnic blanket in front of the lake "Hey Mols, come sit with me?" I'm beyond confused "aren't you hurt?" He shakes his head "I needed you here without suspicion" I shake my head "does this mean I've been laughing at you for no reason" he fakes a hurt expression "you've been laughing at me?" He acts wounded "just like you would with me Lands" he shrugs "fair enough, now please sit with me?" I settle on the blanket and see there is a selection of food spread out including little sausage rolls, crisps and dip, scones with cream and jam and a lot more. It takes me a second to realise this is all my favourite picnic food "these are all of my favourites" I gesture out and Lando laughs "well I wouldn't trick you into a picnic full of food you don't like" I'm really confused "I still don't get why?" He looks nervous and I'm concerned. We have been getting along really well over the last couple of months, just like before. It's been really great to have my best friend back but he seems really serious now and I'm not sure what to do "well you seem to be out the other side of the shit you've had to deal with lately and I going to be honest I wanted to celebrate you today" I can see his shy smile and it causes my heart to flutter "Lando this is really lovely" he shoots me a blinding grin "I would do anything for my best girl!" I pull him into a hug "I'm beyond lucky to have you in my life Mr Norris" he grins at me but looks a bit down "are you okay?" He nods but I know him well enough "come on Lands we know that isn't true" he sighs "I want you so bad it hurts, I know you need time and I am respecting that but I'm finding it difficult" I get where he is coming from "I know Lands but I am healing, I saw an Instagram post of the two of them this morning and it didn't bother me. I'm happy that they are happy and I'm glad that I haven't held him back from his happiness! My happiness lies with you Lando Norris and it always has but I have jumped from relationships and I need to know who I am before I can fully give myself to you, but please know I am all yours even if I can't give myself to you right now" he seems reassured that we will eventually be together where we belong but right now I still need time.

We spent hours sat by the lake munching on the snacks spread out over the picnic blanket. It was the most lovely afternoon I've had for a long time! Life is starting to settle back to some form of normal and I'm relieved to have Lando so firmly back in my life. I realised the other day that I hadn't been myself since we broke up, I changed myself to be what I thought Charles wanted and once I couldn't maintain it he ran back to his ex! I genuinely believe I feel the most like myself that I have for the longest time. When we arrived home Lando actually had to do some training as he had avoided it all day and I had to get some work done before the race weekend. I'm currently curled up in bed with my laptop replying to emails and planning a future Williams video, I'm going to make the boys decorate the Williams duck, then offer a give away! I think it's a decent idea, my phone pings multiple times and I pull it out and see 5 message notifications