Suzuka

Molly POV
It's been a busy week and I feel like I have barely had a chance to stop, which has been helpful as I'm pretty much breaking my own heart. We are flying out to Japan this evening so I'm helping Lando finish his packing "have you packed enough team kit?" He nods at me "chargers, headphones and iPad?" He also nods at me whilst finishing folding his last couple of jumpers. I'm scared as hell to see Charles in Japan as I know he is going to try and convince me that he won't hurt me again but I just know in my heart that we are better apart. I've missed him desperately but I'm certain this is what is best. We put our cases in my car and Lando asked to drive and I actually let him.

After a mild panic attack on the plane we land in Japan and Lando seems excited this for this weekend "you are practically buzzing Lands what is going on?" He grins at me "I just have a great feeling about this week Mols!" I find myself smiling at him. Once we arrive at the hotel it's straight to bed as it's 3am here. I collapse in the bed and try to get some sleep but my nerves are keeping me awake.

I struggle to wake up this morning, it's a full media day including a quiz with the F1 twitch streamers which is just all of my boys with Natalie Pinkman from sky sports, they are all close and it's a quiz to see how well they know each other! Thankfully it is before mine and Charles' dinner so he should be in an okay mood. The day flies past and the boys are filming now, I head back to the hotel and get changed into a black bodysuit and some tight black ripped skinny jeans. I pop some light makeup on and straighten my hair. I grab my baby pink denim jacket as I run out of the door.  I walk back down the paddock to the garage and pop in to see Lando and Carlos talking over the webcam, I stand laughing in the door way. They finish up and I walk with Lando down to Ferrari "you look really pretty Mols" he says as he escorts me "it's nothing really just didn't want to be in team clothes" I shrug and spot Charles stood in my favourite yellow hoodie and black jeans. Lando gives me a hug then runs to catch up with Alex who he spots at Red Bull. I slowly walk over "Hey Charles" my heart feeling like it is going to beat out of my chest "Mon amour! Thanks for meeting me here" I smile at him "shall we go?" He nods and we walk down the paddock with an awkward gap between us.

We arrive at a sweet traditional ramen restaurant and my stomach grumbles. I hear Charles laugh "let's get you fed" we order via the machine and go take a seat at a booth. I feel really awkward and don't want to start the conversation. He looks up at me "I think I already know what you are going to say to me because I think I would say the same. I know I don't deserve you anymore Molly. I should've never spent time with her knowing that I had you. It's cruel and I will never be able to explain how sorry I am" his voice growing hoarse. I listen to his words "I don't want to break your heart Charles but I can't be in a relationship with you, I can't trust you and that's the most important element of a relationship. I was ready to move to Ferrari with Carlos to be with you but I'm glad now I haven't as you couldn't wait for it to be our time to be together properly" I stop for a second to swallow down my tears "I will always be glad we took our chance but I don't think we work together in a romantic way" he keeps staring at me "mon ange I truly am so sorry about what happened with Charlotte but it was only platonic from my side. I fully understand and appreciate your decision. I'm just hopeful that we can try and be friends again" I nod my head "I would really like that, I don't want to lose you completely. And we were close friends before" our food arrives as I say this and we actually have a nice time over dinner. He walks me back to the hotel "I will forever be truly sorry that we couldn't work but I will also be forever grateful that you are my friend" I smile and him and give him a hug "see you later Charles and good luck this weekend" I go to my room and break down into tears, although I knew we hadn't been together this feels much more final and my heart hurts. I call Lando who is knocking on the door seconds later "Hey Lands, it's over with me and Charles" he brings me into his arms "I know this is hard Molly but I'm always here for you" I hug him back and we decide to watch a movie. Once it's finished Lando goes to leave "please stay" I ask and I'm not too sure where it came from, he smiles at me "of course"