Cornfields and Heart to Hearts

Desc: Peter and Tony go to a fair. Theres a cornfield. Peter is bad at...being bad. This goes as well as you'd might expect. (Surprise fluff at the end!)

Word count: 4220

You are my da-ad, you're my dad! Boogie woogie woogie!

Tony groaned at the ringtone, courtesy of a certain Spider-Kid. Somehow Peter had hacked his phone and switched the ringtone from a civilized bell toll to the audio from some vine off the internet. Despite Tony's best efforts to un-hack it, Peter's code was solid, and thus the ringtone remained the same. And although he would never admit it, the sound always gave him a warm feeling whenever he heard it, and Tony may or may not have fixed it even if he could.

He swiped the bar, answering the video call, and raised the phone to his face.

"Hey, Mr. Stark!" Peter greeted cheerfully.

"Hey kid. You gonna explain to me why you're calling me at," Tony checked his watch. "6 am?"
"Oh, right. Sorry about that." Peter replied sheepishly.

"Its fine," Tony sighed. "I was already up and dealing with an early morning case anyway."

"Ah, okay," Peter said in an obvious attempt to appear nonchalant, relief evident in his tone.

"So...?" Tony prompted, somewhat exasperatedly.

"Right, right! Anyway, there's this little country area about an hour and a half from my house, and every fall they do this fair kinda thing! There's pumpkin picking, apple cider, hay rides, corn mazes, food, carnival games, and a bunch of other stuff! Usually I go with Aunt May, but this year she has work the same day it is and can't come. I would ask Ned, but he's scared of corn mazes, and MJ says its 'oppressive of small scale farmers and cruel to the animals' or something like that, and I was worried I'd forget to ask if I waited till tomorrow so I—"

"Get to the point, Underoos." Stark interjected.

"Yeah, right, okay. Uh—so, do you think that maybe, you'd go with me...?" Peter asked awkwardly.

Tony pondered this for a minute. "When is it?"

"Saturday! Tomorrow!" Peter replied excitedly.

"Fine. But only because I don't have anything going on and Pepper is sure to drag me into something mind numbing if I don't have plans!"
A high pitched squeal blasted from the phone.

Peter composed himself, just barely containing (or so he thought) shrieks of happiness.

"R-right, of course. Do you want me to swing by the Tower, or...?" He asked.

"I'll come pick you up."
Peter shook with excitement. Tony Stark was gonna come pick him up! Not a chauffeur, not Happy, Mr Stark!

"You still there, kid?" Tony questioned.

"Yes! Yes. Does 8:30 work?"

"Sure. I gotta be back here by 3:00 though, I have meetings and what not. That work for you?"
"Absolutely!" Peter jumped up and down slightly.

"Great, see you then."

Tony hung up.

"Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod!" Peter squealed. "I gotta tell Ned!"

Peters phone buzzed, a message popping up on the screen.

Maybe: Tony Stark

And don't tell that Fred kid.