𝟎𝟓 - "lunch?"

the bell rang.

"lunchtime, everyone!"

you stood up, following the crowd of students outside the classroom. you couldn't stop thinking about seo-jun. he was so confusing. at first he made you feel butterflies in your stomach, then made you feel uncomfortable, but when he talked to you in class, the few words that came out of his mouth felt as if every dream you ever had come true. you kept walking, and a girl approached you.
she had brown, sparkly eyes.
"hey, you new here?"
you glanced at her.
you didn't know what to do. you didn't want to trust anyone, but you also didn't want to spend your first week of school alone. you wanted to have the same high school experience everyone else did; pool parties, school trips, friends, etc.
"hi, yeah, i am. i'm yoon-min"
"that's a lovely name! i'm soo-ah."
she smiled, as if the fact i'd spoken to her brightened her whole day. "you wanna sit with us for lunch? our friend isn't in today so we have a free space at our table.."
you were shocked. this had never happened to you before. everyone always thought you were weird and antisocial since you always rejected invitations to anything - picnics, karaoke nights, but mostly, lunch with others. lunch was different. everyone was always divided in different groups, the popular people, the medium class, and those who they called "the nerds" but to you they weren't nerds, they were normal people trying to get good grades and not disappoint their parents, you could relate. except for the fact you never managed to get good grades. but maybe this school was different. maybe everyone was normal and sat with each other, you decided to go ahead and give it a try.
"oh, sure"
you smiled just enough to let her know you really did want to.
"great! it's this way, come on!"
you walked shoulder to shoulder with the girl through the corridors, which were full of students. some people barged into you, but you didn't mind. you were used to it. used to being invisible. although, today felt like that would change.

hopefully, it'll change.