Chapter 2

A/N: Been a while, but here's the next part! Really quick, I would strongly recommend reading the light novel since I don't think the anime covers Ryuen vs. X which is part of this chapter. You can still read it of course but you might be a little lost, anyways hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think! 

I meet Ayanokoji's eyes from the corner of mine, analyzing the current situation we find ourselves in.

We have dodged and dodged false accusations and merciless examinations in order to gain points. However, along the way we have started to be noticed by other classes, and with them their leaders.

In our own class we have slowly made pawns, picking up on the clues left by each other in order not to step into the spotlight.

The role of leader is reserved for Hirata, Kushida, and Ayanokoji's most promising pawn - Horikita.

She became aware of his influence early on in the year, but she has yet to track down my involvement with him. Understandably so, since as of now we have kept the façade of nothing more than classmates.

Nothing more than classmates – yet he has found a way to sneak his way into my room every other day. I don't underestimate him, I have seen his true nature more than anyone, yet I can't feel at ease as the persistent hunt for X continues by class C.

Kakeru Ryuuen is about to do something drastic, and parties that never should have known about each other are about to cross paths.

All this, because Kiyotaka believes that, "Karuizawa Kei cannot be broken yet."

I shift my gaze on her now, an uninterested glance at the only other person in class D that can rival Kushida's popularity. We need her, or rather, he needs her.

I understand why he cannot lose her yet, but I see the way she looks at him. Her farce with Hirata has begun to unravel, and her eyes linger on him although she tries not too. He has so easily occupied all of her thoughts, and I can do nothing of it. I can't.

He has already entrusted her to me, I cannot fail.

Chabashira-sensei continues lecturing, the clock steadily approaching the end of class. I pretend to listen, but I can feel his gaze on me linger, before Horikita notices and tries to trace his line of sight.

I'm lost in the crowd and in thought as well, Ryuen has threatened Karuizawa and will expose her if she does not comply in meeting him today. She's asked Kiyotaka for help, and he has found reason enough to do so.

Does he really need me to intervene though?

I don't think this will ruin her completely.

The sound of the school bell fills the classroom, signaling the end of class and the beginning of winter break. As always Kiyotaka stays in his seat, but this time Chabashira-sensei doesn't hurry him to leave. It's subtle difference, but it confirms what we believed. There's more to this, it's beginning to look more and more like there's an involvement with the faculty.

I leave the classroom with everyone else, a smile on my face, laughing along with the idle conversations about winter plans. My phone buzzes quietly but I don't need to check. I know who it's from, and I know the plan.

Karuizawa Kei cannot be broken yet.

I arrive at my room about ten minutes later, checking the phone to see what he texted.

"Two hours."

I cook myself some dinner, relaxing without bothering to send a reply. He knows I'll do it.