Chapter 16 - Trix are for kids!

"I can't believe you punched him in the face." I whisper in awe as I ice her bruised knuckles.

We got back from Australia and Cherry cried on my shoulder the whole plane ride here. She let it all out the second we got on the plane.

After that she was pretty okay. She felt better after her little breakdown and now says she's feeling fine, well fine enough for being cheated on.

Harry though...he went through the stages of grief for her.

He was practically fuming when he woke up with a bruised skull, frantically looking around for Jake to kill him. Then when he saw Cherry crying he started to cry with her, as if he just got cheated on too. Then he tried to pretend nothing happened after that and went about his day.

Yeah.

He's a bit weird.

"Mhm." She replies, seeming to be out of it as she stares at the counter.

"Are you alright? You can talk to me, you know?" I murmur, pulling the ice from her fist and she looks to me.

She stares at my eyes for a moment before sighing, looking down to her lap.

"I knew we wouldn't be together forever, I didn't think we would get married or any shit like that. I just... it still doesn't feel good. It just makes me feel... unwanted. That my own partner had to go to someone else because I wasn't enough." She admits, playing with the hem of her shirt.

I frown at her words, not only because she felt like that, but I kept thinking about Conner. It was years ago, but I never meant to make him feel unwanted. He never deserved that just because I made some drunk mistake. Even if I didn't love him, he deserved better than to find out I kissed someone else.

And so does Camille.

Camille doesn't deserve for her family to be ruined. Even if she's done some bad things, no one deserves to have their family ripped apart, especially by some bitch with cancer who is dying anyways. I just can't help my feelings for Harry, but I can help my actions.

"Cherry. Look at me." I urge her and she finally meets eyes with me, her sad green ones looking so similar to Harry's.

"None of this is your fault. You should never let a piece of shit make you feel unwanted, alright? You're enough. More than enough. Some people are just idiots and are blind to that. Do you understand me?" I say, keeping my voice calm, but stern so she understands every word I'm saying.

"Yes." She nods.

"You understand that you have people who appreciate you? Me, your dad, Lucas." I reiterate, making sure to emphasize Lucas because...you know.

"Yes, I understand. Um...can I borrow your car?" She asks and my eyes widen.

"Yeah, sure.." I nod, handing her the keys. "Be careful."

She recently got her driver's license, but Harry hasn't let her go anywhere. I'm guessing she just wants to drive around, screaming at the top of her lungs, which is fair.

"Thank you." She mumbles, not giving me a second glance as she leaves out the door.

-

"Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye...you think I'd crumble? Think I'd lay down and die.." I scream at the top of my lungs, dancing on my couch while Styles watches me with a confused face.

"Oh no not I.. I will survive-"

Suddenly my door slams open and I snap my head to see Cherry with wide teary eyes.