The concert

March 24, 1988- Denver, Colorado
Nia's POV:
I arrive to my apartment and within a minute after Cierra is knocking on my door. I open the door and greet her. She hands me a couple of clothing options. One is this beautiful dress but it looks way too tight I would never be comfortable in it and the second is a white cropped top, ripped jeans, and a reddish brownish cardigan.
We get dressed in our outfits and touch up our makeup. I picked the white cropped top and jeans and Cierra is dressed in a black tube top with some high waisted jeans.

     I have to admit Cierra's outfit looks sooo much better than mine but like I said before I try to cover up as much as I can

     I have to admit Cierra's outfit looks sooo much better than mine but like I said before I try to cover up as much as I can. We start walking out the door and right as I start locking up the place Cierra taps my shoulder and when I turn around she's holding TWO BACK STAGE PASSES! My eyes went wide and I freaked out.

"OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!" I almost yell and I give her a big hug almost breaking her ribs. She hugs me back and starts laughing at my reaction.

"Anything for you I knew it would make you happy." She says still hugging me.
    Once I calm down I hop into the drivers side and Cierra hops into the passenger seat. She insisted I drive since she wanted to get there is one piece. She is probably the worst driver I know the last time I was in a car with her driving we almost hit 4 cars and 8 street lights.
     We pull into the parking lot and we look at each other one last time before walking through the gate. I decided to ditch the cardigan it was wayyyy too hot even though I didn't feel comfortable it was still better than having a heat stroke. We were one of the first people there so we were right up front. We sat in the grass talking since we had a good amount of time before the concert started.
     It was getting darker and more people were showing up. It was getting a little crowded and we were being pushed up against the railing. I was getting really uncomfortable but soon it all disappeared when the man of my dreams came on stage and started the show. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' starts blasting on the speaker and everyone starts screaming.
     I was having the time of my life. Me and Cierra were singing and dancing along with everyone else in the audience. I finally was stepping out of my comfort zone and man did it feel good finally being able to have fun and not give a fuck about what people think of me. We're jumping around and laughing and singing but all of a sudden I stop everything I'm doing and make direct eye contact with Michael during his performance of Dirty Diana.
     Throughout the rest of the concert I keep seeing Michael glancing my way and I know it sounds stupid that I think he's looking at me since there's like a million people here but I just felt like he was. Was the man of my dreams really looking at me? Was I really being noticed? I'm so surprised I didn't even know what to do. I had to start dancing again or else Cierra would get suspicious.
     As I continue dancing I look over at Cierra and back at Michael. My heart sinks to my stomach I don't know why I feel so hurt. I shouldn't be hurt but when I look at Cierra and Michael I realize... he's not looking at me he's looking at Cierra