Visitors

Problems after problems trickled down their way as soon as Kurapika stepped out of the queen's sleeping quarters.

He wanted to phone Senritsu and Leorio about Kuroro Lucifer and Genei Ryodan being on board with them in the Black Whale, but all of the phones were controlled and monitored by the King's Army, while the wireless phones used by bodyguards, including his own, had their channels fixed, making any attempt to contact them very risky.

Next was the memo they received from the King's army saying that they would deploy a Royal Bodyguard from the first prince's private troop to 'help defend the fourteenth prince and her mother' which sounded fishy in more ways than one. It was more than obvious that Prince Benjamin was just sending out spies in a guise of reinforcements, and they couldn't do anything about it given their low rank.

Oh, and turn that excuse of a Royal Bodyguard to be an assassin who used his right to defend himself in plotting ways to kill his employers. The scum already started with one of the remaining, defenseless maids (which pissed him off even more: they were so damn outnumbered here and there was the first prince was, chucking out another one of them).

Sandra fell lifelessly on the floor, face stricken with fear and shock with how she was stabbed, her body convulsed before hitching her final breath. Kurapika was about to counter attack when Royal Bodyguard Vincent raised his gun and warned him about the consequences if he came any closer. Left with no choice, he lifted both of his hands in surrender.

Prince Woble was wailing loudly and flailing around her mother's arms, disturbed by the presence of the intruder. Vincent was babbling about asking for 'cooperation,' a discreet offer of turning his back to the prince and queen to avoid getting killed just like what happened to Sandra. How he wanted to tell the scum to go to hell as he secretly summoned Steal Chain.

"No matter what happens to us," Kurapika removed his contact lenses with his free hand. "We will protect you. That is why we are here," he turned to the queen and the prince. "Will you trust me, Prince Woble, Queen Oito?"

As soon as Queen Oito declared her trust to him with Prince Woble's approval, he sent his Steal Chain to her and transferred Sairid's 'Little Eye' nen ability, making her see Stealth Dolphin (which didn't scare her, to his relief) who began explaining about how she and Kurapika could have telepathic conversation. While he constructed his mind-to-mind communication with her, Bill moved to attack Vincent which distracted him, giving Kurapika an opening for his Steal Chain to contact to his leg and drain his nen aura. Bill took the chance to throw him off his balance and successfully brought him down.

"For your attempt assassination of the Fourteenth Prince Woble, I am hereby restraining you," Kurapika stepped into Vincent's hand and he lost hold of his gun.

Vincent denied his accusation, but as Queen Oito stated that she was willing to testify against him and Kurapika added that he could force him to confess, he was visibly alarmed and he knew right then that there would be no way out of it once the queen stood in the ship court's stand.

With the remaining physical strength he had, Vincent twisted his hand out of the restraint of Kurapika's foot, reached for his gun then swiftly swung it to aim a shot towards the prince. Kurapika was about to knock the gun out of Vincent's hand again when he caught a sight of pointed objects flying towards him. Vincent stopped midway, stayed still before his arm limply fell with his eyes wide open.

Over his head were two ballpoint pens sunk fairly deep, blood began to ooze out of his skull. Instantaneously, he turned to the direction where the pens came from.

"Who.. are you?" Bill lifted his head and cast his gaze towards the door, while Kurapika did the same but unlike Bill who wore a baffled expression, had his brows knitted in anger and scarlet eyes glowing brighter.