𖧵22

˚ ⠀ ⠀ ⊹ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ˚ ⠀

➹ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ➷

Hueningkai's P.O.V

Both Yuna and my eyes were closed, only seeing pitch black from the inside. Our arms were embracing each other in a tight hug, ready to face death behind us. Trust and friendship were what blossomed inside of me, that I am ready to sacrifice my life for my dear friend Yuna.

Behind the fake acting we have to portray everyday at school, deep within the surface is true friendship that had already grown inside the two of us. Yet, not everyone started building a real friendship with each other. I smelled a different type of gas particles floating around the air.

My sense of smell confirmed that it was smoke released by the lava. I can even feel the heat circulating us, passing our position of hugging each other whilst kneeling. A few seconds had already passed yet we were still clearly breathing, so I finally opened my eyes to see.

The lava passed us and it did not touch our weak and tired skin, as if our presence was invisible. Yuna looked at me then on her side and behind her. We were both plastering a shocked expression from the unusual sight we were seeing.

The scorching hot lava split into two and passed us without hurting nor killing us. And with this, I just had a realization, accusations and judgment were next after this. Once the train had passed the erupting volcano, someone shouted from the other side of the compartment.

"Kai and Yuna are the liars!" Chaeryeong shouted and pointed her index finger like she was not accused a while ago. "No we're not!" Yuna yelled back with all her might, defending not just herself but including me as well. "Then how come you didn't die???" Soobin asked us with a hint of anger in his voice, as my nerves were starting to fear his authority.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

"Guys wait! There's only one liar!" Ryujin shouted, correcting all of us from Taehyun's theory. "What do you mean?" Yeji asked her softly to ease the tension between everyone. "The clue we found is grammar. Do y'all remember what the voice speaker said? Find the LIAR, not LIARS." Ryujin emphasized those two words and I sensed that Yuna was shaking from fear and nervousness just as I am.

"Then one of them is a liar." Taehyun said seriously with a glare on his eyes, switching his stare between me and Yuna. "Are you forgetting about Chaeryeong?? I told you! The way she destroyed the drones was exactly how the cctv cameras were destroyed back in the hallway!!" I shouted, almost rapping out the words from my mouth. "Well Taehyun- Believe me or not but I have no idea how come the book has a different cover." Taehyun cut Ryujin off in which the blue-haired girl reconsidered his statement.

"And for Yuna- You still don't believe that I was at the rooftop??" Yuna annoyingly interrupted Yeji who was still accusing her as a liar. "I can't believe nobody thinks Soobin is suspicious!" Taehyun added to help everyone of us to be open-minded with each of our actions. "We have Chaeryeong for being in detention at NIGHT." Beomgyu emphasized the last word which made Taehyun give him a deadly glare, yet this boy was not affected by the stare he was receiving.

And what I had been waiting for finally happened, the last suspicious person from among us was me. Everyone was giving me that same look of judgment, not letting me breath even for a second. My hands started sweating as I do not know exactly what to do.