Memory 1

"The start of the end"

___

Lena's pov | August 1997

It's a late summer evening, the sun is setting behind the hillside. I look out my window and the orange and yellow sky, from my bedroom window. I'm waiting for my parents to return home from the shops. They'd usually be back by now, but I'm not going to worry myself. I'm sure its just traffic.

I hear a knock at the door, did they forget their key or something?

I wander downstairs and open the door. It's my aunt, Cora. She's covered in blood, crying and her wand drawn.

"Cora?" I question "whats happened?"

"You need to pack, now" she walks into my house.

"NOW" she yells. I walk upstairs quickly while she goes into my father's office, I see her open the safe and take a handful of money and a few of her bits that are in there.

I grab a bag and take a few clothes from my wardrobe. As I'm doing, Cora walks in. "Quickly! They will be here soon"

"Who," I ask her.

"Just hurry up" she yells.

"No," I say "not until you tell me what's going on"

"You ungrateful, bitch" Cora shouts as she takes a step closer "I could have left you here to be killed but I made a promise to your mother that I'd care for you"

"But- why would you need to care for me?" I asked confused.

"Because they are dead. Your parents are dead. My sister is dead" she yelled "killed by death eaters, during an attack in Diagon Alley"

I felt my world fall around me. I didn't want to believe it. No. This can't be true.

"Your lying," I said as tears fell from my eyes.

"I have your mothers blood on my clothes. Does it fucking look like I'm lying. You foolish girl" Cora said in a bitter voice.

"Your father refused to take the Death Mark because he thought he was protecting you. The death eaters use the Cruciatus curse on them first, then they stabbed your mother twice in her abdomen while your father watched. They stabbed your father next as the death eater told them they are coming for you. Finally, they used the killing curse on him. The death eaters disapparated and I appeared from the corner I had been hiding in. Your mother was still alive and made me sware to keep you safe, to care for you. I'm doing this for Elana's sake, not yours"