9

"You're the first person to care"

___

"Lena I am so sorry," Draco said after Lena told him everything. She didn't expect to be able to but she did. Draco listened to every word she said.

"It's not your fault," Lena said as she wiped away the tears she didn't know she let out.

"No, but I'm sorry you had to go through that and worse of all, alone. I was at that party if I had known-"

"There was no way you would have known," Lena said.

They sat and looked at the stars. Both deep in thought. Lena felt Draco's hand on hers. She hasn't felt another person touch in so long it made her jump a little. But she didn't pull away, if anything she found comfort in it.

"Is it bad I want to kill him?" Draco said.

Lena couldn't help but a smile appear on her lips.

"Is it bad, I wouldn't stop you" Lena replied.

"I think that's the first time I've seen you smile," Draco said as he admired her face. He knew she was beautiful, that was obvious but he can see further into her looks than just her features. The type of beauty you can't look away from.

"I don't have many reasons to smile" Lena admitted.

"Neither" he also admitted. "The world is a cruel place"

They stayed quiet for a bit longer. Still looking up at the stars.

"Are you scared?" Lena found her self asking.

"Scared?" Draco asked her as he looked away from the sky and at Lena, who still looked up.

"Of the war," Lena said as she looked at Draco.

"I think I'm more scared of what's to come after the war" Draco said.

Draco was a death eater. And after finding out about death eaters killing Lena's parents he was scared about her finding out that he is one. He hasn't known her long and is already scared of losing her.

"Are you?" he asked her.

"Yes," she confessed.

"But the hope of one day being able to see the world and be happy is making it easier," Lena said.

Draco looked at her, again admiring her. "I hope that one day you find that"

Lena smiled "I hope the same for you"

"I don't think I'll ever be able to find happiness, not after the things that I've done. My past is too dark for a bright future" Draco said.

"I don't believe that," Lena said "one day you will be happy"

Draco liked the thought of that but he struggled to believe it. His a death eater. There's no way he can be good or happy. But, he also liked that she believed it.

"Maybe one day," Draco said.

"It's getting late, I'll walk you back to your common room," Draco said as he stood up, then helped Lena to stand.

"You don't need to do that," Lena said.

"No, but I want to"

They walked in silence, just walking. Enjoying the company of another person. Something they both missed and wanted.

"Draco," Lena said, breaking the silence.

"Mhm"

"You're the first person to care," Lena said "about all of this"

"I wish that wasn't true, I wish you had more people to be there for you. You deserve that" Draco said "but, I'm glad I am"

Lena smiled.

"I can tell you have a story of your own and- well if you ever want to tell anyone. You can tell me" Lena said.

Draco smiled and nodded. He wanted to tell her but he was afraid of what her reaction would be.

"Thank you," he said "you have no idea how much that means to me"

Lena smiled.

"It appears we are here," Lena said. Almost sad that her conversation with Draco will end.

"Appears so," he said, also sad that he won't be able to talk to her any longer.

"I'll see you around," she said.

"See you around," he said and then turned on his heal and walker back to the Slytherin common room.

Lena watched as he walked away, hands in his pockets.

___

Draco walked into the Slytherin common room. The first thing he noticed was Montague sat on the sofa with Blaise and Adrian. Draco had to clench his fists together so he wouldn't punch him. Draco walked passed planning on ignoring him but Montague had other ideas.

"Malfoy" Montague called.

Draco stopped. Turned around and clenched his jaw. Holding in his anger.

"What was that about earlier with Lena," Montague asked.

"I suggest you think very carefully about what you say"

"Why? You two got a thing or something" Montague asked.

"You really should mind your business" Draco snarled as he walked closer.

"I'm just trying to figure out why you would punch me other some random girl," Montague said.

That was it, Draco couldn't contain himself. He walked forward, filling in the gap between them.

"A random girl you raped" Draco spoke quietly.

"Wait- what," Blaise asked as he looked at Montague disgusted.

Montague pushed Draco back "you don't know what you're talking about"

"I do," Draco said "you disgust me"

"She wanted it. She was practically asking for it" said Montague.

Draco grabbed his shirt in rage as Montague only angered him more.  "what. Are you annoyed I fucked her before you had the chance? Well, don't worry! I can tell you she felt amazing-"

Draco's first collided with his face for the second time today. And again. And again. Draco repeatedly punched him until he was no longer conscious. Blaise and Adrian pulled Draco off of him once, Montague was no longer moving. For a moment they thought he was dead.

Adrian held Draco back while clause checked his pulse. He was still breathing. They left Montague the floor. All three of them were disgusted with him.

Draco washed the blood from his hands and then tried to sleep, but there was something on his mind. Lena. He couldn't stop thinking about her and he had no idea why.

------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright © 90swh0r3