Chapter 1: Mystery Woman

Natsuki's POV

________________

I just can't figure this lady out. I stared at my purple-haired crush. She barely says anything yet I still have the hots for her. She was calmly reading her book. Seemingly in a world of her very own. Suddenly she looked behind herself and caught me staring. I quickly retreated deeper into the manga closet. I heard soft foot steps approaching the closet. Could she be coming to ask why I was staring at her? I mean, that would be perfectly reasonable. Just as predicted, Yuri appeared in the door way of the closet with a few elegant steps. I pretended to read Parfait Girls. "Hey Yuri." I said using all of my focus to keep my eyesight on the page. She didn't say anything back, she just waved. "So, what do you need?" I asked looking up at her. Her eyes darted away from mine the second they made contact. "N- Nothing.." She mumbled softly before walking back to her desk.

Nothing huh? I wonder, I wonder a lot about her actually. Like what goes on through her head, why there's always a buldge in her blazer pocket, and why she talks only when absolutely necessary. "Okay everyone! It's time to share poems!" Monika's voice yelled from outside the closet. I grabbed the piece of paper beside me and walked out of the closet. Sayori and MC were already sharing poems and Monika was still trying to find her's among the mass of papers in her bag. Which leaves me with Yuri. I walked over to her, the butterflies in my stomach raging more and more each step I took. Yuri handed me her poem, and I handed her mine. Did I mention today's topic was love? Yuri didn't title her poem, odd. I began to read it.

I feel my dear is close yet she feels so far,
Her eyes shine brighter, possibly brighter than the stars.
My heart near stops whenever she's around,
Is this love that I have found?

(The rest of the poem is just the teaser-)

I feel my heart flutter whenever she looks my way,
But I can't seem to shake this feeling of dismay.
What if she isn't what it seems,
What if she isn't interested in me?

Her smile compares only to the most beautiful of morns,
But getting to her seems to be like a field full of thorns.

(Sorry, I am decent at poetry but I definitely don't have Yuri's flare ;^;)

I felt my face heat up. She likes a girl? "So.. You like girls?" I said, I wasn't completely sure what to say, this was just the first thing I thought of. "I- Is that a pr- problem?" Yuri asked, slightly more stern then normal. "No! Of course it isn't, I just, was taken by surprise by it." I said in defense. "Oh, sor- sorry for getting worked up about it the- then." She said, her cheeks tinted with red from embarrassment, she began to mess with her hair.  "It's fine, this is a bit off from your normal style though." I said looking back over the poem. Yuri nodded. "I wanted to try something n- new." I smiled at the disappointed face she made when she stuttered. "You almost made it through that sentence without stuttering, that's still progress." I said handing her poem back to her. She giggled at my remark, handing my poem to me. "I liked y- yours as well, wh- whoever you like must be ver- very beautiful, you s- seemed to stress that fact in the poem." I smiled, she is very beautiful. "Yeah, well I liked yours and all, but there's no way it can compare to mine!" I said crossing my arms proudly. Yuri just giggle before walking off to go share with someone else. I watched her walk away. I'm actually pretty proud of her, this is the most she's talked for a while. "Hey, Natsuki, wanna share poems?" MC came up from behind me. His name is actually Michael Craw (If your name is Michael Craw I want you to know I don't hate you, and that this was a coincidence.)  but he prefers MC.  I turned around. "Sure, whatever." He handed me his poem.

Afterimage, agonizing, ambient, analysis..... How does this even count as a poem and why the fuck do all the words begin with a?

(I love how most of the d-words in the poem game have three points for Yuri I-)

"Uhmmm, it's, a poem??" I said confused on what goes through this boy's brain. "I figured you wouldn't like it, it isn't for you anyway. I made it for Yuri, do you think she likes me?" MC asked. F u c k i n g b r i c k. Better break the bad news to him now. "Not at all. She actually said she likes girls." I said blankly. MC grew angry. "What!? No she doesn't! Your lying to me aren't you?" He yelled. I stood back. Female voices yelling i'm okay with, but male voices bring back to many bad memories. MC started making a fuss, grabbing the attention of everyone in the room. "This pink twig is spreading lies! I think we should kick her out of the club!" He's acting like a child, and I just stood there like a deer infront of headlights. "Cut it out MC! What is happening here?" Monika said walking over. Yuri watched from afar. "Natsuki is saying Yuri isn't interested in me! I know it isn't true!" Yuri had never seen such bullshit before, and she had had enough. She calmly walked towards MC, as elegant as ever. "The only one spreading lies here is you, Michael." Yuri growled, not a single stutter in her voice. That's kinda hot. "Natsuki, on the other hand, is one hundred percent correct. I do not, and will never, have any attraction towards you." Everyone was staring at Yuri by this point, in awe about how she said so much without stuttering once. She noticed everyone's eyes on her. She quickly shrunk back into her shy self. "Sorry.." She said walking back over to her book. MC was frozen in shock. "Oooooooooo you told him didn't you Yuri!" Sayori said with a giggle. Yuri nodded, even though she was still clearly pissed at MC. "Well, that concludes our meeting, Natsuki, could you please stay and talk with me a bit? And next poem topic is excitement!" Monika said. Yuri quickly grabbed her bag and left. MC and Sayori followed.  "So, what did you need me to stay over for?" I questioned. "You are so obviously lesbian for Yuri it isn't funny anymore." Monika said with a smirk. What!? Am I really that obvious?! "So what if I do? What's it to you?" Monika grinned. "I want to help you two get together." "And how exactly are you gonna do that?" I said feistily. "Well, you can leave that to me." She said booping my nose. "You can go now, see you later." Monika said slinging her backpack over her shoulder and walking out the door. I scoffed. 

I felt the air go deathly still as I stood infront of my home. I just have to pray Papa is out with his friends or asleep. I entered, the home actually stays pretty clean and nice smelling, how else do you think he gets away with abusing his daughter? Papa was no where in sight, I decided to head to my room quickly. I sighed, setting my bag on my bed. I got a piece of paper and began to think about my next poem. Monika said excitement. My phone buzzed. I groaned before checking it. New group chat?

RealityBreaker:
Hey girls! And MC. What are your opinions on me hosting a sleepover for the club tomorrow?

CookieCrash:
Sounds fun! I like the name you gave me too Monika :D

RealityBreaker:
Glad you like it.

MysteriousMs.Bookworm:
I wouldn't be against a sleepover. May I ask why my name is what it is?

RealityBreaker:
Why? Because it fits you :V

:SmolPinkBaker
At least it isn't as bad as mine. Sleepover sounds fun.

BrickBoi:
Why you complaining mine is obviously the worst ,'O Sorry about earlier to, don't know what came over me. F R I C K E T H Y E A H Sleepover!

RealityBreaker:
So, since tomorrow is Saturday how about eight P.M tomorrow?

MysteriousMs.Bookworm:
👍

:SmolPinkBaker
Your use of emojis scares me Yuri. 

RealityBreaker:
Then it's settled see you all tomorrow!

So, that just happened. I guess I'm going to a sleepover tomorrow. I wonder what Monika has planned for me and Yuri. She said she was going to try and get us to start dating but, I barely know anything about her. I guess I'll just have to learn quickly tomorrow. I really hope this goes well.