In Other Words, Mephisto Has No Idea What Rin Is

"There is something familiar about him." Amaimon murmured.

Mephisto hummed. "He is Satan's son. He's got an even mix of his parents' looks. It seems that his natural appearance is fighting its way out of the seal I placed it under. Interesting, is it not?" He sighed. Rin was turning out to be even more entertaining and interesting than he'd originally thought.

The night Rin had unsealed himself hadn't gone as Mephisto thought it would, Rin had actually gotten stuck partway into Gehenna and pulled himself right back out in a panic. He'd also not been raised very well–that was to say, he hadn't been raised nearly at all aside from Shiro discouraging Rin's habit of fighting and handing out wise words now and then. When the Time Lord had sent the violently sobbing babies home with Shiro, he hadn't expected the man to mess up the kids so badly. He'd hoped that since Yukio was training and became an Exorcist not long ago that Shiro had found a way to train Rin at home and seperate from his twin so he'd have a good handle on his abilities.

Only one of those hopes came true. Rin, weirdly enough, did have a good handle on his abilities. With how jumpy the poor boy was when touched or loud noises sounded, Mephisto figured his anxiety over being around people while having such dangerous powers kept him from hurting anyone, which worked out well enough for Rin as far as being allowed around humans.

Shiro had come to Mephisto a few times about how much Rin had changed since the night he'd unsealed himself, but it was nothing of concern to the Time Lord. Rin used to be louder, a little clumsy, more brash, and outwardly showing of his emotions. Now, he seemed....smoother. Quieter and calmer. A bit spacey, but that was consistent.

Rin wasn't clumsy in the least, always able to move before anyone ran into him or avoid tripping easily. He walked graceful as a cat, almost sauntering down the school halls. He had an excellent poker face. He seemed more observant of everything around him and he wouldn't jumble his words anymore. He was much more like a high-level demon now, If Shiro's observations were to be believed.

Mephisto hadn't expected to like the kid as much as he did. Rin was interesting and his sense of humour was endlessly amusing–Once, Shiro had called Rin while Mephisto was observing him, and the ringtone was the Ghostbusters theme. Another time, Yukio had called Rin and the ringtone had been Just Like You by Falling In Reverse and Rin just let it play for the first two lines before answering with a smile.

On the other side of the spectrum, Rin seemed to be very obvious about his fondness for some of his classmates in Cram School. Rin blushed, threw smiles and doe eyes their way, and told some truly terrible jokes that the others actually laughed at. but the Time Lord doubted the students in Rin's sights even noticed half the time that they were flirting. The other students picked up on it and never told them, adding to the amusement of the whole situation.

So many fun pieces, one piece creating all the chaos by himself. An interesting situation. If there was one thing that could be said about Mephisto, it was that he loved himself some good drama. Becoming the Headmaster of a highschool was one of the best decisions he'd ever made.

Mephisto hadn't been this entertained since the Blue Night, when Shiro had taken home Rin and Yukio and been named Paladin. He was glad he'd made that deal with Satan instead of just killing Rin immediately like he was supposed to. The entertainment was worth whatever would be thrown his way once the rest of the Order realized the son of Satan was in their midst and still alive and well, all grown up and incredibly dangerous.

"I don't care for how he looks, I care for how well he fights." Amaimon's bored voice broke through his wandering thoughts.

"Honestly, I expected him to be more of a hot mess from the way Shiro described his upbringing, but it seems the re-incorporation of his demon side has ah, "smoothed over the rough edges," so to speak. He's not on my level, but he could get there if he made the effort. You might have a hard time getting him to fight you." Mephisto chuckled.

"No one is on your level, according to you. You think you're as close to perfect as one can get without being God." Amaimon pointed out bluntly. "And there are plenty of ways I could get him to fight."

"If you succeed, you'd better make sure you don't destroy my school. You know better." The older Demon warned. Amaimon nodded, still observing the teenaged boy below as he went through a series of sword fighting moves. Watching him move was like watching a movie–the moves were practiced and flowed smoothly as a flawless sequence. Yes, Rin Okumura was well on his way to being a Demon Prince.

Mephisto wondered if that would bother the boy should he point it out.