The World's Worst Test

Over the last week, Rin had participated in a brutal Exam in the Old Boys Dormitory hosted by his sadistic twin, accidentally saw Kamiki mostly naked, got tossed by his face through a glass shower door, and then strangled by a Nabarius that could really only belong to one person inside Mephisto's Barrier-the Summoning Class teacher whose specialty was summoning mid to high-level Nabarius demons-and gave Kamiki his shirt to cover up so no one would see her in her undergarments. The result of that failed assassination attempt came to fruition a few days after it happened, though.

Satan was able to see right through the guise of the punishment along with it before Yukio even left.

That's some bullshit if I've ever heard any. Leave a Bariyon sitting on a human for longer than an hour and the human's fragile bones will shatter under the pressure. It's physically impossible for them to hold Bariyon that long. This is definitely a test of some sort if he's locking you all up, too.

An Exorcist test, huh? Think it's that Authorization Exam Yukio said was coming up? The one where we move up to the second level of Exorcist Trainees if we pass?

Definitely. Only twerpy, inexperienced little freshman wouldn't see through this. So, the rest of your class.

Got it.

Rin wasn't surprised when the lights went out, but the Bariyon went wild and when he stood, one dropped on his foot. The teenagers scrambled around, tripping over each other in the darkness. There were only eight of them left after Paku dropped out of Cram School thanks to an attack yesterday from a Nabarius that definitely belonged to their tamer teacher.

Rin was shoved from behind at some point and fell on someone(Suguro, if his sense of smell was on point).

Shima finally turned his phone on and shined the light on his classmates. Konekomeru had luckily separated himself from the tangled mess of limbs that became of his classmates, so he was safe. Takara and Yamada(Those two are definitely spies, watch out for them. It seems the Grigori is suspicious of us Satan had warned on the third day of school)had stayed sitting. Izumo was pulling away from a clingy Shiemi and Rin had, in fact, fallen on top of Suguro.

Rin grinned sheepishly at the taller boy. "I guess you could say I fell for you?" He tried.

I hate every word that just came out of your mouth.

Yeah, me too. Rin cringed internally.

Suguro at least chuckled and Rin felt the vibrations in his chest under him. "More like you fell on me. Get off, you're surprisingly heavy."

Rin huffed in indignation and stood, pulling Suguro up with him. "Wow." The taller teen raised a brow. "You're really strong."

Rin just smirked and pointed to his ears, winking. He was part demon, of course he was stronger than a human.

"Well, the power isn't out anywhere else. Did we blow a fuse?" Konekomeru deduced.

"I wouldn't be surprised, this place is really old and really shitty. Like, it doesn't even have air conditioning or heating at all." Rin put in. It was the Old Boys Dorm Mephisto had wanted to lock him up in. Rin would've stormed that asshole's office if he was stuck in this place for all of high school.

"I'll go check the hallways." Shima decided. "It's like a test of courage!"

Rin could smell the heavy scent of rot wafting in from the hallway. A familiar rotten scent....

"Uh, Shima, I don't think-" He attempted to warn his friend just before Shima opened the door to come face to face with- surprise!-a Nabarius.

Rin rushed forward and yanked the pink-haired boy away from the door after he shut it again. It was only another second before the Nabarius busted through with no effort.