Chapter 11

Kairi landed just outside the village to let the trolls dismount her. As they looked around, lost trolls who had previously been unconscious were starting to wake up, so dazed and confused. They rushed around the village to see if everyone was okay and thankfully, they all recovered quickly.
Aria spotted one troll in particular who was trying to pick himself back up just outside of the village. It was Dusk. She immediately ran over to him to help him.

"Aria?" Dusk was wide-eyed when he saw her coming towards him. She took his hands and helped him stand. The moment he was up, he wrapped his arms around Aria to hug her. "What happened? The last thing I remember was coming to the village to get reinforcements." He rubbed his head, confused about what was happening. "Are you okay?"

"I'm perfectly fine." Aria assured him. "The elves are gone." A smile spread across Dusk's face when he heard the news and he hugged her again, even tighter this time.

"You really did it!" Dusk exclaimed. He felt a rush of excitement from inside him and moved his face closer to Aria's, his lips crashing into her's. Aria's face immediately went red with blush. Dusk snapped out of his trance and realized what he was doing. He pulled away, his face glowing red. "Well that was one way to say thank you." He tried to cover up the awkwardness. Aria grabbed him by his tunic and kissed him back.

"And a way to say 'you're welcome'." She laughed. After the moment, the trolls all started to stare up at the Sana, Akina and Kairi, amazed by their beauty and shocked to finally see them again. One of these trolls was Tala.

"I can't believe it." The chieftain was amazed. "I never thought I would see them in my life." Kairi swooped her wing down to Aria and lifted the small troll off the ground, holding her above the tribe to show that she was the one who saved them. All the lost trolls cheered for Aria. So did Poppy and the others. Aria felt so proud, but deep down, something didn't feel right to her.

"Stop!" Aria shouted. The trolls immediately fell silent. Poppy and Branch looked at Aria, confused as to why she ordered them to stop. "I can't accept this...because I didn't do this by myself." She said as she turned to her friends. She leapt down onto the ground again and grabbed their hands, pulling them towards her and leading them in front of the goddesses. She then turned back to the tribe. "I couldn't have done any of this without these amazing, supportive trolls." Aria grabbed Poppy's hand in her's and smiled at her. "You were right, I couldn't have done this on my own."

"We'll always have each other." Poppy said to everyone before extending her hair and raising it in the air. Branch, Barb, Trollex and Hickory joined, the tip of their hair joined together in the air. Aria cleared her throat, reminding them that she couldn't do that with her hair, but Echo soon got an idea and landed on Aria's hand. Aria lifted her hand in the air with Echo still in her palm, the small orca lifted her tail and pressed it against the weaves of troll hair.

They all laughed before turning back to the crowd of cheering Lost Trolls

Aria then turned back to the goddesses and knelt down on her knees, lowering her head to bow in front of them.