Chapter 8

Someone had found the entrance to the hideaway. Aria and Poppy both tried to keep calm, they quietly woke the other trolls up.

"Wha...what's going on?" Branch yawned. Poppy put a finger to her lips. Voices were soon heard from the tunnel. Talking about finding the exile, which was Aria.

"We have to hide." Aria whispered. "We can't let them find us." All the trolls obeyed and split up to hide. Poppy and Branch hid together underneath their hair, Hickory and Barb also used their hair to hide themselves. Trollex floated to the top of the hideaway and hid within the stalactites, while Aria in the undercut of a rock.

The footsteps grew louder and louder, along with the voices as the elves had entered the hideaway. The trolls kept as silent as death itself, not moving a muscle.

"This is the only place they could be." One elf bellowed. "We've searched everywhere else." They carried huge flaming torches, lighting up the hideaway. The trolls kept as calm as possible.

"If you're in here, come out now and we'll make your death quick and painless!" Another elf called out, her voice echoing in the hideaway. Aria could see Poppy and Branch from her hiding place, they both had worried looks on their faces as they looked at her. Aria put a finger to her lips, indicating to stay quiet. The elves looked at each other, then back at the dark hideaway.
"COME OUT NOW!" The elf roared again. The trolls covered their ears as her voice echoed and rattled in their heads. Aria looked around at the trolls from her hiding place, they all looked terrified!

"Alright, if you're not gonna come out..." One elf started. "We're gonna have to force you out!" He threw his torch down on the ground, causing the grass to quickly catch fire. Poppy and Branch looked over at Aria once again, both of them gripping onto each other in fear. Aria shook her head and kept a finger to her lips.

"We'll cut them off at the entrance, it's their only way out of here

"We'll cut them off at the entrance, it's their only way out of here." The elf called to the other elves as they all ran out through the tunnel and out of the hideaway.

Aria poked her head out and all the other trolls escaped from their hiding spots, all of them coughing from the smoke coming from the fire. They all looked around frantically for a way out, knowing if they went the way they came, they're fate would be sealed.

"Look for a cave, a crack, anything to escape from!" Hickory coughed. They all split up to search the edges of the cave. Desperate to find any way to escape. The flames soon become so intense and the trolls could feel themselves starting to lose consciousness, until Trollex found a small crack in the side of the cave.

"Guys! Over here!" He called to them, coughing in between. They all followed him and just managed to squeeze through the small opening which lead to another tunnel. They crawled through, feeling the heat of the flames die down as they got closer and closer to the outside. The tunnel brought them to a small beach where they collapsed on the sand, completely exhausted and shocked from what had just happened.