~Daycare~ Part 1

Greater Tulsa Daycare Center – Daily Parent Reports: Matthews/Curtis

Monday:

Dear Mrs. Matthews:

I'm afraid Keith was disruptive in class again today. He's a nice boy but he seems to have trouble settling down for quiet time and, honestly, I find it very hard to teach when he is constantly interrupting my lessons with "that's what she said" jokes. I don't find them appropriate and I'm not sure that he even entirely understands what they mean. However, he does seem to have an understanding of things beyond his maturity. Last Friday I explained that we needed to clean up from playing basketball at recess and I asked him to grab the ball bag. It took him nearly ten minutes to settle down again. We will continue to try to steer him towards more appropriate conversation and perhaps introduce him to some knock knock jokes.

~Mrs. S

Dear Mr

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Curtis:

This week we seem to be getting off on a better foot. Darrel and Ponyboy played very well together. Sodapop continues to show exemplary behavior and is a joy to have in class. We believe that Ponyboy's social skills are coming along very well also. He has made friends with one of the very shy little boys here named Johnny and has been helping him to come out of his shell a bit. We are all very proud of him. Our only concern is his fascination with pretending my sticks of chalk are cigarettes. Johnny has taken to banging the erasers together to create clouds of "smoke" for him and will follow him around the classroom for quite some time in this manner. While we are happy to see them working together socially, we will continue to encourage other methods of play.

~Mrs. S

Tuesday:

Dear Mrs. Matthews:

Keith's demeanor was improved overall today. However, I'm still missing a stapler, a fountain pen, two chalkboard erasers, a box of Crayola crayons, and the box of cookies I had brought in with my lunch. As always, I would appreciate the prompt return. He can keep the cookies.

~Mrs. S

 S