~You and Me and Babies Make...Four~ Part 1- Telling Ponyboy You're Pregnant

You scuff your feet across the ground again and pace back and forth across the vacant lot. Pony was supposed to meet you here almost twenty minutes ago. In the year and half you'd been together the boy had never been on time for anything. Why did you think today would be different? You figure he probably got lost looking at the clouds or reading a book or something and smile a little as you remember the things you love most about him. Then your smile fades.

Seventeen. You guys are only seventeen years old. He still looks at sunsets and does homework and has a curfew. How was this ever going to work? You give up trying to be optimistic and sit down on the abandoned bench seat that someone pulled out of a Chevy and dumped there years ago. It was Johnny's makeshift bed, and more than once it had been a place for you and Pony to have romantic moments alone in front of a fire so you could get away from Darry for a little while.

Darry wasn't crazy about you. He liked you at first but then he saw the way you and Pony couldn't keep your hands off of each other and he set up all kinds of rules about no PDA and the two of you not being alone together...ever...But, where there's a will there's a way you think to yourself. And you guys definitely found a way. Seven days a week you found a way.

As sweet and innocent as Pony could seem he had another side of him that only you knew. He was sweet and romantic and was always doing thoughtful things to make your heart melt. But you also made him absolutely crazy with desire and when he was overtaken by you he'd stop at nothing to have you. Since you were pretty much banished from the house you had to get creative. You couldn't count how many times he had suddenly pulled you into a closet or an empty room in whatever building you were in and dove straight for that spot on your neck that he knew made you crazy. Even in school, his favorite thing to do was pull you under the bleachers before a track meet or duck into an empty classroom with you during lunch. It was insanely hot and sometimes you secretly made a game out of seeing how long you could tease him for before you got a tug on your wrist and another door closed behind you. He even pulled you out a side door of the museum on your class field trip last month and the two of you snuck back onto the empty bus. You put a hand near your belly button and sigh. Maybe you should have just stuck with the class like you were supposed to.

A pair of hands slip around your waist from behind and suddenly his breath is in your ear.

"Sorry I'm late" he whispers kissing the back of your shoulder and making his way up the side of your neck with little nibbles. You smile and hold on to his hands as they wrap around you a little tighter.

"Wouldn't be you if you weren't late" you say with a small grin. He moves his hands to your hips and spins you around towards him, resting his forehead against yours and peppering your lips with small, sweet kisses.

"Darry wouldn't let me.... out of the house...until I finished...my term paper" he says between slow kisses. You hold in a breath and feel your heart drop a little. It just makes you sound so young and unprepared. Not that you were expecting him to show up and talk about his stock portfolio all of the sudden or anything. But still. You imagine Pony being late picking your child up from daycare because Darry was making him do the dishes or something and it doesn't sit well.

He notices that you seem distracted and backs his head away a little, taking you in.

"I'm really sorry" he says again, his eyes filling with concern. "Honest, Darry wouldn't let me leave." You shake your head.

"I know. I believe you." You suddenly find yourself angry with Darry for making you tell Ponyboy this news in a vacant lot full of newspapers and garbage.

"Then what is it?" he asks rubbing his hand up and down your arm. "What's wrong?" You feel a rush of hormones wash over you for the tenth time today and suddenly your chest fills with anger.