xxvii. Stowaway

━━ chapter twenty-seven
stowaway

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

━━Annabeth doesn't get jump scares, but if you called her name when she thought she was alone in the engine room, she will literally have her knife at your throat. As soon as she heard a voice say in the darkness, "Annabeth!" she spun around and grabbed the body in a headlock, the point of her knife at their throat.

When she saw the familiar brown scruff of hair, Annabeth gasped and let go of the kid, "Sam! What are you doing here!"

Sam scuttled away from her, rubbing his neck with an annoyed, "Ow!"

Annabeth stared at her younger brother, alarmed. What was he doing here? How did he get on here? WhatOh, she is going to kill him! "Sam!" she repeated, her voice laced with fury.

Sam gave her an uneasy smile on delicate features. "Hey, Annabeth ..."

They stood there, together, in silence for a few seconds. Up above, Percy, Fiona and Hazel and Leo were about to split up to leave and get the separate parts for the boat. Annabeth made her way down into the engine room to make sure the Argo II would stay together until they got back ... she wasn't expecting Sam Flora to be hiding out behind one of the storage boxes. And she was absolutely furious.

He saw the look on her face, and held up slender fingers. "Hey━hey, look. I━I know this looks bad, but you gotta let me explain━"

"Let you explain?!" Annabeth whisper-shouted. "What are you doing on here! This is a dangerous quest, Sam━you shouldn't be here! We got to send you back to Camp, Chiron will be furious━"

To someone who had just met Sam, they would be confused at his feminine features and body━slim, thin and curvy with wide grey eyes and soft lips. But usually, his body was━like today━covered and hidden in over-sized hoodies, shirt and pants to make his chest seem flatter than it was, even with the bondage wrapped around.

Sam shrugged, his hands still up in surrender. "Please━just let me explain, Annie!"

Annabeth's brows arched high, "Explain? Oh, okay. What's your explanation for just showing up on my quest hiding away in the engine room. How has Leo not seen you?!"

"I'm small and I can fit into tiny spaces, but that's not the point!" Sam shook his hands wildly, moving past the thought. "Annie, I had to come!"

She frowned, "Sam, we already have eight demigods. This isn't a quest for nine demigods, otherwise the prophecy would have said so━"

"But I had a dream!" Sam argued. "I had a dream, and━and that kid━you know the creepy one with the black hair who's a son of Hades━?"

"━You mean Nico━?"

"━His name's Nico? Wow, depressing━but yeah! I had a dream about him being in this glass jar eating some weird seeds in this━like━I dunno, Ampitheatre and then I heard voices talk about that earth goddess, Gaea, and the Eight and I knew it was connected so I had to come!" He took a deep breath after he finished his ramble, looking quite proud of himself.

Annabeth had to stop for a second to take in everything her little half-brother was saying. "Wait ... you had a dream about Nico prisoner somewhere?"

Sam nodded, "Yeah! Which was why I had to come. You always told me demigod dreams mean something, and intuition, and I had both ... so ... I snuck on and here I am."